Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

It will rain now!

calpat
17 years ago

How do I know? well...I just got the new watering system installed. Everything in front needs a good dousing but just to cold for me outside right now. Now that I can pop outside and turn the faucet on, I'm sure(well almost sure) that it will rain and I'll wonder why I just didn't wait.

Comments (8)

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

I pretended I was rain and just heavily watered where I believe all the bulbs and the daylillies are in the back yard, so just like washing the car, guess it will. Well, it will up in the north, most times it doesn't make it to the valley past Fresno. I saw the red sky this am though.
    However I still have 27 at night so I'm not sure I want rain, it'd have to change to a warmer system first to help me out:)

• youreit
    17 years ago

It figures, Pat. LOL I was on the phone with Mom yesterday, and she was doing some watering by hand. I realized that I don't have any sprinklers, so time to buy one or 2. Even if it rains, I'm going to water the heck out of everything, kind of like a flood year. :D

At least if it rains, the weather will warm up a bit due to cloud cover. We had one day of respite from the freezing temps on Sunday thanks to the brutal north winds, and now we're back down to 30. Uncle!

Brenda

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

I'm trying to remember to keep checking on how damp the ground is in a number of places around the property. I'm thinking that I need to turn on the big outer-yard system. I 'm guessing this is going to be a drought year.

• youreit
    17 years ago

I was reading an online article this morning about just that, Westelle. Even though we're headed toward a record low rain month (we're at .07 up here; record is .15 set in the 1800s; normal is 2.something), the "experts" say we're one storm away from normal. That'll be one big storm, but I won't completely fall apart until March, I guess. :D

Brenda

• wanda
    17 years ago

I agree, Westelle. Much of CA is way below normal rainfall.

I went out and watered everything on Monday, even my natives who really want water this time of year.

wanda

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

I watered the whole inner yard with it's irrigation system for 10 minutes a valve, then shut it off. I just turned the one for the outer yard on because it is only set up for once a week each valve anyway. If we start getting GOOD rain I'll shut it down again. Too bad; we were kind of spoiled last winter.... didn't mind it a bit.

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

We got some good rain last night, it figures, it only sprinkled on Friday and it cleared to blue sky, my front flower beds really needed some water so I watered everything pretty well:) That's ok, maybe this will help my bulbs come up, some of them are overdue by my calculations. We need the rain bad too so this is good, not enough yet by far though. Night time temps have finally come up here at last with the storm so that's excellent and a relief.

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

We got the same rain as lesdvs9; I just left the systems on for now tho'.... but glad to have it.