Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Little color for you

lesdvs9
16 years ago

I have some spring creeping up, the Anemones are blooming under the Redwood tree, apparently I only planted blue ones in fall of '06:)

{{gwi:494640}}

{{gwi:494643}}

The Alyssum is coming back to life here and there, especially clumps under the roses. I'll have to see if the white comes back, I had that predominately planted. These are volunteers blooming.

{{gwi:494645}}

How about a lavender rose, Angel Face, from last Sept, I like this pic and the colors of the minis and flowers just out of focus.

{{gwi:494647}}

I'm ready for flowers blooming but not ready to go back to work yet, I should be pulling weeds, more rain will make it even easier. Nice excuse to wait, they aren't going anywhere.

How are you ladies, any pics to share? What are you up to in between storms?

I got the link when a friend from the Forest Service gave me a link to all the web cams up in our county forest areas. Pretty cool to look up all the mtns and see the conditions. So I looked around and found you can find them for just about anywhere. This you just follow the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: live CA web cams

Comments (4)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Leslie, that blue anemone rocks my world! I love it! I'm still waiting for my 'Mona Lisa' to come back, if it ever does. Oh, well, just another good reason to buy another. LOL

Angel Face is one of my favorite roses! My mom has one, and the color, of course, is wonderful, but that SCENT! To DIE for! She always informs me when it's blooming, and I can't be there to see or smell it. :D

No pics for me yet. Still far too wet out there, and even though my paludosum mum, Arctotis daisies, and Geum look great, I don't think my camera would appreciate the sudden wetness. :D

I look forward to taking more pics in the dry future, though! I'll keep enjoying yours until then!

Brenda

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It rained last night and sun was out for awhile. Now the winds are really blowing hard. I had to bring in some of my garden decos and tie off the 4' long wind chimes. They sound like church bells. I love listening to them but the neighbors probably don't.

Glad you liked the pics, I hope to have more blooms soon. The English Lavender has been blooming since Dec.

Angel Face rose is among my favorites and doesn't mind the heat or full sun it gets where it is. The blooms stay nice all season long. I really like the fragrance also.

• youreit
    16 years ago

Well, it's almost 2 months since Leslie's original post, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the colors in my yard! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year!

{{gwi:494649}}

All of those pots on the table are sprouting seeds like crazy. Each time I pot some seedlings up, I start another batch...and I STILL have seeds coming out my ears! LOL Not that I'm complaining. :D

Would love more rain, though. It'll be a month on Easter since we had any here, so I'll have to run the sprinkler one night before we get any more, I'm sure.

Hope you're all enjoying this wonderful time of year as much as I am!

Brenda

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's wonderful Brenda, I love this time of year too, it's like everything has renewed which it does. It makes me feel a little renewed too, once I get all the work done!:)

I'm looking forward to more pics from you.