Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feb now, what r u doing?

Posted by lesdvs9 z9 central CA (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 15:42

I don't know about you, but most of this rain doesn't reach me. I'm just getting traces according to my rain gauge. Still it's nice to see the 50's come back and know most of the state is getting rain and snow in the mtns.

I'm working on my taxes now that I don't have the excuse that I did to escape to the garden since it was so nice outside. I liked how nice it was, I didn't like that it was so early to be that way yet. I so don't want to repeat last year!! I got a lot of weeds pulled, which was a useless task, but I got most of the roses pruned. I also got most of the garden cleaned. Now I only have the 4 butterfly bushes to cut down for a large task. Being that they're all over 10', it's a messy chore, so I'm taking the current cold to do the taxes this week.

What are you guys up to? Anything interesting? Any trips coming up?

I'm going to OR middle of Mar to see my sis pinned for graduating nursing school. Going to spend 10 days traveling and visiting. A rose nursery is about 20 miles from her house, I think I need to visit that:) Especially since the one here closed. It's coming on spring and I need a fix.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feb now, what r u doing?

DH is keeping me busy being his Asst., plus I have all my own work to do. He did help me clean the veggie garden last Sat. and we ended up ripping tons of creeping fig off the garden walls and fountain where it had taken over like a jungle.... no fun!

Not only do I need to get ready for the subdivision's annual meeting in a couple of weeks, but I'm the secretary/planner/treasurer AND the meeting is at our house. I just need the spare time to get everything organized. It's a bit too much.

o

I have been baking bread, anything to avoid working on the taxes. I still have lots of work outside. I got a start on the vegetable garden. The soil is nice with lots of very old horse manure dug in. We haven't had much rain. We got 1/2 inch last night. There is supposed to be a big storm coming in Sat. night. I sure hope the power stays on. Last winter we were without power for 31/2 days. It was cold and the water well didn't work. Keep warm.
Donna

o

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I forgot about the taxes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here