Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Hello Pat, while you're waiting

lesdvs9
17 years ago

I sent you an email though.

Here's an idea for you if you like and the weather is still nasty and you've run out of seeds to sprout. If you like it I'll tell you how easy it is to do step by step. In a nut shell though it's a little sealer a little paint and a little varnish and you have a door stop. I used to do paint roses on everything for a craft booth I had. I'm pretty rusty, LOL. I haven't attempted painted them in like 5 years now. The other door stop is my 5 year old grandgirls. Kept her busy earlier this week when I wasn't feeling so hot.

{{gwi:495042}}

Leslie

Comments (3)

• youreit
    17 years ago

Those are great, Leslie! Your roses are still beautiful, even if you say you're out of practice. :) Love that color combo!

If I tried that, mine would definitely turn out looking more like the grandgirl's than yours. :D

Brenda

• calpat
    17 years ago

Good morning Ladies! The doorstops are really cute, oh woe is me, another project to put on my list. At the moment I'd probably be like Brenda and be in a class with GG! I've spent some time over at the Tole & Decorative painting forum and there is so much talent there & the ideas just keep blooming. I'm hoping that this summer, when it's to hot to be outside, that I can get into a class to learn one-stroke painting. I've got such a long list of "do it projects" that I figure I'll have to live another century to even make a dent in that list. Now for some serious garden talk...I just got my order of Mums from Kings and they are such healthy plants.Will try to get them in the ground this weekend,and hopefully will get the Dahlia tubers in too, but in the meantime I've got to get off-line and see about putting in some grass seed in back.Take care you two! Pat

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks guys, the one on top is better than the first 3 large ones on the side, LOL. Those were my first attempts:) Nope don't do roses, do daisy's, do any flower or what ever colors you like. Make a rainbow. You don't have to use the one stroke, I don't do it properly. Then you put a little felt on the bottom of the brick to not scratch the floor and voila! The last time I did this last year with all the kids I used red bricks, had a devil of a time covering them with sealer and then had to paint them all with 3 coats of white acrylic paint first. Then let them paint their colors. This time I got smart and chose grey bricks:) Only took two light coats of paint. I think knowing Courtney she just put 1 and a half here and there:) I'll finish with an outside clear varnish and I like them to shine so I do a gloss. Why outside varnish, because I like Delta's varnish in that better. Their inside bubbles too much and where ever it bubbles it's like plastic, it will flake later. And kids are pickers, she'd be pealing it off.

I'm trying a similar back ground color on my sign for the garden too. On a green kick:) Lettering will be in gold for fairies. I'll be posting that too if it works out.

Yep, it's nice today here too. Maybe coffee will get me some oomph:) My get up and go, went somewhere else...

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz