Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Dollar Store Treasures

calpat
15 years ago

Haven't been to the 99 cent store for a while now, so made a list and checked it twice and good thing too! They had just received shipments of new stuff which included a lot of fresh produce. All cleaned, packaged and ready to go. I got a pkg. of 2 huge yellow bell peppers, cukes, small tomatoes and a one pound net pkg. of fresh ginger(from China). I love candied ginger, but at almost $4.00 pound I buy a little at a time. Got my old recipe books out and found out how to make candied ginger and oooohh it is so good! Time consuming preparation but worth the effort. They also had a varied supply of clay garden pots.I passed on them as I have a shed full of pots that need plants now.

Also, got to take a short tour of my backyard, the straw mulch has taken root in some areas, new plants are emerging, day lilies are getting huge but no sign of blooms, the iris are budded up & ready to pop into blossom, the roses are blooming like crazy, need to be deadheaded. Mums are just about ready for their first cutbacks and the Dahlias are poking through the dirt. Bachelor Buttons are starting to bloom, splashes of bright orange from the marigolds popping up thru the weeds, oh yes, it's been a good day!

Comments (5)