Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wave Petunias

Posted by sheilalk Calif (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 30, 07 at 12:05

I just bought a purple wave 14 inch potted plant, and 12 pink wave petunia plugs. I have transplanted them into those brown matted pot hangers for my deck. Now I need to know how to care for them. Do I feed them, and how often should I water them? I leave in the northern corner of the Serria Nevada's, Calif., and want to be sure I'm doing right by these guys. Should they get full sun?

Thanks, Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wave Petunias

You might get a better response if you put this on the discussion side of this same forum.

o
RE: Wave Petunias

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 1, 07 at 8:55

I agree with Westelle (since this is the off-topic area), but...since you're here. LOL

I give my Petunias a splash of MiracleGro about once a month or so (but they could probably do with twice a month fertilizing), and FULL, hot sun. I water them when the soil feels dry near the top of the pot. I have them in this EarthGro stuff that's rather mulchy (barky?), so my pots have been holding water fairly well, even with the recent heat and wind we've had here north of Sacramento.

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here