Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

I Love My Power Tools and

calpat
17 years ago

I learned a long time ago to take care of them, ei. clean good after use, annual maintenance and NO LENDING! Sounds selfish and I guess it is. I've loaned household appliances , garden tools, etc. to others only to have them returned, broken/damaged, and very dirty! With exlanation "Oh well, it was ready to break anyway!" No more, I can't afford it! and they never offer to help defray the replacement/repair costs. I've got a couple of rakes that I've had since the '70's, all looking pretty good for their age, but when the gardening season is well over, they get wire brushed, WD40'd or oil coated, handles rubbed down, etc. Well I got that off my chest, so will go out and see what I can do about the weed wacher! NO MORE! NO MORE!!

Comments (5)

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

I've heard that excuse before too, it's hard to just say no, but....That's why they want to borrow yours, they broke their own. I hope you got more rain than we did out of this last system. We got more cold air than rain... Too bad it wasn't cold enough to kill the aphids and the grasshoppers off though:)

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Leslie, the rain we got was a gentle, steady rain, just right for getting everything soaked down good. Temperatures have been mild so I'm in good shape up here!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Don't you just HATE that! We learned a long time ago to not loan out our stuff, either. Because once they get the ok, they're back every weekend, and pretty soon, we lose track of what they didn't return, or what they broke, etc. I have a hard enough time keeping my stuff in good shape (yep, I'm a total slacker!) without others helping me destroy it. :)

Not sure how much rain we got here, since we were in Tomales, but it was really coming down on I-80 on the way over there! Then....we got home yesterday to more brutal, drying winds. I love the rain, but I hate the winds that always seem to come after.

Brenda

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

calpat: I learned to take care of my/our stuff when I was a kid because there wasn't money for new. I still carry that with me. Every time my kids come for a visit something gets broken... they just don't watch. "Oh well, just buy a new one." Grrrr!

(Sorry about the small rant.)

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Westelle, ranting is a good thing! I let it all get out, generally when I'm alone, sometimes at the offending people. Maybe that is why I'm enjoying longivity! LOL

Brenda, It's a pretty bright day today, but we too are getting wind. It's suppose to get up to 82 temps today, in the meantime I'm taking a day off!