Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

I have a couple of brand new first blooms

lesdvs9
16 years ago

This one is called Tangerine Jewel, it's supposed to be a single petaled rose. I counted though, it's got 15 petals:) It's one of the newly transplanted roses, it was supposed to be a mini but it's not, it's going to get 3' tall.

{{gwi:495265}}

And this one is a mini called Chick A Dee, it's so light I have a hard time taking a pic of it. Best one I've done to date though:) This is yet to be transplanted.

{{gwi:495268}}

Comments (8)

• calpat
    16 years ago

Oooohlala Leslie, those pix are wondcerful, Your not only a great gardener but a photographer as well. But the best is that orange is my very favorite color. In fact I had my house painted orange a couple of years ago and I thought my kids were going to send me to a booby home! But those blooms are really extraordinary! Keep the pix coming! Pat

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a better truer photo of it. The sun was full out on it this morning washing out the orange in it. It really is tangerine:) Really, orange huh:)
    {{gwi:495272}}
    Here's my dragon too:)
    {{gwi:495275}}
    Don't encourage me Pat:)
    How about an orange Gerbera then:)
    {{gwi:495278}}
    I'll do yellow tomorrow....

• calpat
    16 years ago

I can't believe how fast the Alysium has filled in around the dragon. Oh yes the orange Gerber is a delight too! What do you have planted in the cages, tomatoes? Have you got a name for the dragon, "IT" is so handsome, deserves a very classic name.

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pat I have roses planted in the tomatoe cages, LOL
    It's to keep the cats from scratching up the new mini roses, otherwise they dig in right beside the rose in the soft soil and uncover the rose and/or don't cover the hole and expose the roots. That's why the cages are wrong side up.

That's why the dragon has wire all around him to keep the cats out, but they do hop in there on occasion and use it to potty in too. I've had to replant several of those plants now. The cats have made a total mess of my calla lillies. 3rd little plant above the dragon's head is one, it's yellowed leaves is from the cats peeing there. The alyssum gets a little bigger I'll take the fence down. It's not as full on the other side yet.

I didn't name the dragon yet, Wayne, my husband calls him Lucky:) He thinks he's going to bring us luck this year, which we really need, bad...

Did you see the link I gave you for that dragon? That's not a bad dragon and the best price I've seen. All the nurseries had higher priced ones and so have the catalogs on a full sprawling dragon.

• youreit
    16 years ago

Mmmm, orange is so YUMMY! That's one of my favorite colors in my garden, too! Orange and purple go SO well together. Tangerine makes me *drool*....

Beautiful roses, Leslie! And I agree, that Alyssum is growing like crazy! Lucky looks quite content. :)

Brenda

• calpat
    16 years ago

Yes Leslie, I bookmarked the url on the catalog, thanks so much. Been a bit busy this a.m. so will peruse it when I have more time. Pat

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think so too Brenda, I want some purple in there, I was thinking about some of that lavender in there, but it's a little too tall and spreads too much. I've got mostly minis. I'm going to see what I can find in lower flowers that are purple:)

Good Pat, let me know if you decide to get it, just for fun:) I forgot what day it was. The kids all went elsewhere. Dinner is ribs on the BBQ just us, Happy Easter if you guys celebrate it, if not ignore the message:)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Hope you all had a Happy Easter, too! It kind of snuck up on me, and I almost forgot it was here already! LOL

Brenda