Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Downsizing! Oh yea, sure I am! LOL

calpat
17 years ago

As much as I try there are just to many lovely flowers that I just happen to grow very well...not me, but all the conditions, soil composition, etc.that are necessary for healthy, beautiful plants. I eliminate one and find two that I can't live without and they promise me great joy! What's a body to do?!? I always thought a nice, organized garden where everything matched and blended well would provide the necessary structure for design that would be tasteful, sophisticated and just plain gorgegous to view, like you see at public gardens and parks. Guess I'm just a mish-mash sort of gardener, so I'll take what I've got &enjoy it all! However, I hae seen some software that allows you to visually see how your garden will look when the plants, etc. are growing, in bloom and during the dormant periods. Haven't found one yet that is affordable and fairly simple to use. If you have any suggestions for this type of software, will you please share with me? Pat

Comments (3)

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

I haven't found that software yet either. Years ago I had one, my problem is that what I put on the computer and what I put in the yard were two different things, LOL*

I like mish mash, I like informal and until my roses all bloom I don't remember what the colors will be. I have a list but I don't remember what they are since I'm transplanting them all now! So with getting to the companion planting part who knows what colors I'll end up with because like you I plant what I like:)

When I was younger I thought everything had to be orderly rows, now I appreciate that but I also like the "cottage" look. Also when something doesn't make it through the winter I'm not going to pull everything else out just to make the replacement plants match:)

I'm always messing up my computer to where my son has to come over and figure out where I screwed it up at and "fix" it for me. I just am tech challenged, so I do it the old fashioned way. I go stare at the yards and go stare at the plants at Lowe's and the catalogs and stare so more... Plant some and stare some more, I drive my husband nuts with my fits of indecsion and buying sprees of plants. Especially since I seem to pick the hotest days to do that on:)

I can't wait to see what my yards, that's all they are now, will look like in 5 years....

I don't know Pat, as long as you're able and you love to garden I don't think you can resist the call of the plants:) They say buy me and grow me, LOL
    Leslie

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks so much Leslie, I needed that! Pat

• lesdvs9
    17 years ago

I will keep you in mind though when I'm shopping for that kind of software. I gave up on landscape software for the reasons I gave, I can't translate it back to the garden, LOL. I'm looking for new photo software myself. Most of what I find doesn't like the new Windows Vista this computer has.

You're welcome Pat, I bet your gardens are beautiful from everything you talk about. I know you can take photos now, I'm waiting for you to post some more and show us:)
    Besides remember all those quotes, your garden should be an expression of yourself and what gives YOU pleasure.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations