Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

Hummers ---- AGAIN!

CA Kate z9
18 years ago

The antics of all these birds are just too much. They are always a source of immense amusement.

The Latest: today I cleaned and refilled the feeder -really- full. Boss-bird came over, checked out the feeder and cussed me out (always in-my-face). His wife came too and found that there was indeed liquid in the cup so she came over to tell him. He flew up and down the bottle, checked the dish, checked up and down the bottle again... I think looking for the "waterline". Meanwhile Mrs. and another bird are drinking. Up came several BIG bubbles... I guess showing Boss-bird that there was food. He came over and apologized.... then went and had a drink himself.

Sometime Boss-bird lets anyone who makes a proper request (Meets in the air beak-to-beak) have a drink; at other times he chases everyone away who isn't "family". I seen him do this up-and-down-the-bottle routine many times. Do you suppose that he makes an evaluation about how much is left and how many can have a drink before bedtime by judging where the waterline is?

Lowly Servant of the Hummers

Comments (2)