Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Planning the garage sale -- 2 weeks away!

jenn
18 years ago

We've actually set a date for the garage sale! It will be in 2 weeks. We have a LOT of stuff to sell (at least I think so) since we combined two households when we got married. In my opinion most of it isn't junk -- we just have too much stuff, duplicates, items that don't match our decor, etc.... and we keep it in boxes in the closet. The entire floor in our guest bedroom is currently covered with boxes and bags of stuff. There's more in the garage, and more is still waiting to be collected from closets and drawers.

I'm trying to set the hours as we are going to do this on one day only. I went to several garage sales yesterday and I realized a few things from doing that:

1. Make every sign identical!! I followed a few signs that said only "yard sale" with an arrow pointing in a general direction, and each sign looked different so I had no way of knowing if they all led to the same sale.

2. The sale with the most people was very organized. Everything was clean, and like items were together on the same table. Clothes were clean and ironed and on hangers. Side note: At this one I bought a clear green glass salad bowl with a raised pattern of fruit and leaves, scalloped edges, no chips, mint condition.... $3.00. When I got home, I turned it over and saw the sticker on the bottom: "Hand Made in Spain" !!! It must have been meant just for me because I can't believe someone else didn't snatch it up.

I can't decide what time to hold the sale. Lots of people are out at 7:00 and I don't want those folks to miss ours. We have a LOT of stuff to sell (at least I think so!!) and I'd like to sell most of it in one day. I'm thinking either 7:00-2:00 or 8:00-3:00. Neither of us wants to do this on Sunday.

Any suggestions???

If anyone is interested in coming, send me an email and I'll give you directions. :-)

Jen

Comments (2)