Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love firefox.

Posted by socal23 USDA10/Sunset23 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 16, 06 at 12:47

I have a couple of extensions that some of you may be interested in:

No Script automatically blocks j-a-v-a-s-c-r-i-p-t (I was redirected when I posted just the word), but allows you to selectively enable it for sites that require it (either temporarily or permanently). This allows you to (for example) enable gardenweb scripts but leave other scripts on its pages blocked (like the ivillage survey; I filled it out once, I'm not doing it again).

Adblock allows you to selectively block advertizements (those not affected by No Script) you find obnoxious. Best part is, the more you do it, the less often you have to do so (there are after all, a finite number of advertizements and most are pretty common).

And just for fun there is Stumble Upon. Just click the Stumble! icon that appears at the top left of the browser window and you will be transported to a random website based on preferences you set up (gardening, science, sports, religion, politics - whatever) that you can rank. You can also rank a website that you particularly like which will lead others with similar preferences to that site.

You can also go to the main Firefox Addon Page and browse through other interesting available addons.

And of course, here is the page for downloading Firefox

Ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love firefox.

• Posted by socal23 USDA10/Sunset23 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 21, 06 at 12:33

Moving on down the line.

o

I haven't been able to use FF to access the forums for about 2 weeks now. I have Adblock installed. The forum messages will not load even in safe mode. Anyone else the problem?

o

Me too, me too!
But love it as I do, I'd have still been hating GW without the help of kind members , especially 'camp, in Decor, who gave me the final secret word....NOSCRIPT!
I had this awful Chaps ad video that acted as a gatekeepr and locked it up on every clik. It's everything SOCAL said, and now I have zero ads anywhere here.wheeeeee.
Now I'm gonna go look at "Stumble upon"...sounds neat..thanks :>)

o

I love it. GW is so much nicer without all the ads. Once in a while, when I want to follow a link, I have to tell Noscript that it is safe. It is really a great application. I have been using Foxfire for several years, I think it's the best.
Donna

o

Don't upgrade to Firefox 5 if you use the Google toolbar, or else you will lose it, and there is no prediction for when you will be able to get it back. I'm using an older version of Firefox.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here