Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

Heat!!!!!

CA Kate z9
18 years ago

I guess Central Valley Summer has finally arrived -- temps 100+ for the rest of this week -- at least. I'm trying to remember all the indoor chores I've left for just such days --- and now can't remember even one of them. :^)) LOL I guess I'll need to sit and read the new Janet Evanovich book instead.

Comments (8)

• youreit
    18 years ago

Ugh! I guess we were lucky last month, but Mother Nature sure is paying us back! :D

The heat seems to make people a little whacko, too. Stay safe, everyone!

Brenda

• redblossom40
    18 years ago

My tomatoes are loving it.
    Been a weird year so far. I'm off again and usually this is my busy work time, but have to say I've been enjoying not working in the 100+ heat. I do all the watering and garden in the early morning hours, Hubby leaves for work around 5am. So I'm up. I've started cleaning(deep cleaning) each room during the day and then maybe will take a nap with the Kitty. It's been kind of nice. But, then again the heat hasn't been to bad here with a breezy blowing.
    Anyways, It's nice to hear for someone on this forum. I was begining to wonder where everybody had gone.

Stay cool
    Tamara

• youreit
    18 years ago

Well, my sweet mother-in-law was diagnosed with a rare, yet aggressive, lymphoma about 3 weeks ago, so we've been visiting her in the hospital a lot and helping FIL with stuff around the house. You know how some men are when they're without their ladies! :D So, that's where I've been. She had her first chemotherapy treatment a few days ago, though, and she's doing surprisingly well, eating more than she was before she was diagnosed!

Positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated! And be careful in the heat, folks. :)

Brenda

• CA Kate z9
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Brenda: So sad to hear about your MIL, having someone go thru' all that is no fun for anyone involved..... BTDT
    I'll be praying for all of you.

I've finished the Evanovich book, clean-off my desk, scrubbed the floor, re-arranged some cupboards, watered the potted plants.... now what ?.... since it's already too hot to do anymore outside.

• jenn
    18 years ago

Yuck!!!!!

Tamara - how's your Hubby?

Brenda, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, that's quite an ordeal for all of you. Please keep us posted.

Westelle -- you're welcome to come to our house, there's plenty to do there. :-)

I too have been wondering where everyone is....

Jen

• youreit
    18 years ago

Hey, your positive thoughts and prayers must have worked! The doctor actually thinks the lymphoma is already GONE, can you believe it??!! We are just amazed at how quickly she's come back from that bad place where you just never know what might happen. She has some dementia, so they're looking into the cause of that, but we are all a very happy, tearful bunch right now. :)))))

Tamara, I've been thinking of you & your husband, and I hope all is well with you both! I'm sorry I didn't mention that before. I can be such a scatterbrain sometimes.

Thanks, again, for all of your thoughts, everyone! :)

Brenda

• jenn
    18 years ago

Great news, Brenda! I'm sure you all feel an immense amount of relief.

Jen

• redblossom40
    18 years ago

Hi Brenda, thanks for asking about DH. He's doing great. Lost 22lbs after surgery, all scar tissue and fat. Now he's back in his size 34's and want to stay there.

Anyways I'm glad to hear good news about you MIL. I'll keep her in our prayers

Tamara