Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
California Poppy/Eschscholzia lovers

Posted by elaine8 PNW-Zone 8-Wa (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 13:32

Hi everyone,
I love your California Poppy! What a great flower for the garden. Do any California gardeners visit the seed exchange? I was hoping someone would respond to my trade post for seeds, but so far...nobody. Boo hoo.
Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: California Poppy/Eschscholzia lovers

• Posted by mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 18:56

I let mine reseed and don't attempt to collect them....sorry...

o
RE: California Poppy/Eschscholzia lovers

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 2, 06 at 11:50

Elaine, you also might try posting this in the Discussions area, since most folks don't check the Off-Topic Conversations much. :)

Brenda

o
California Poppy/Eschscholzia lovers

Hello everyone!
Two years ago I collected in a field some seeds of the wild growing ESCHSCHOLZIA CALIFORNIA and distributed them in my garden. Some months later they came beautifully. The next year I repeated this, but the fowers came slowly and small. Therefore I added some liquid fertilizer to the water. Possibly this was wrong, because the plants remained small and the leaves turned brownish. So my question: Do the need watering, or fertilizer?
Regards
Karl

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link:

A copy of further followups will be emailed to this poster.

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here

Return to the California Gardening Forum