Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeyfromgw

GardenWeb Friends

Mikey
15 years ago

A few days ago I received an e-mail from a GW member saying she had seen my posts on the GW and she also lived in the same city I live in. I responded and invited her to drop by anytime. About dusk that same day, she and her DH happened to be shopping nearby and swung by and we had a nice chat. I gave them a brief garden tour before darkness chased us out.

Have you guys made some GW friends, either in-person or on-line friends?

After her visit I started thinking about the number of nice people from the GW that I have met and several have become good friends that I see frequently. I met some of these friends by attending plant exchanges. I met another good friend by offering free bulbs to anyone who wanted to pick them up and he took up my offer. We are constantly giving each other our extra or unwanted plants. He recently gave me two HUGE clumps of clivia, way over a hundred dollars worth.... This particular friend has cost me a lot of money though LOL. He keeps finding plant sales for us to go to and sends me an e-mail asking if I want to go.... Not 30 minutes ago I read an e-mail from him advising me of a Plumeria sale.... I never met a plant sale I didn't like..... I met another GW friend who just happened to be driving by and saw me out gardening. She had driven by before when I was not outside and could tell that a gardener obviously lived there and so she made a point to stop and chat when she saw me.

Comments (6)