Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redblossom40

How are the 2005's challenges coming along?

redblossom40
18 years ago

Well, it's not raining but, the heat has us back in the house.

I've been able to do just about all my garden in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes before sun up. But, when the heat starts I head for the coolness of the house for the day, well aleast until late afternoon. then it's cool enough to come out and start watering.

Mean while, being in the house hasn't been all that bad. Been getting projects done and I would like to show everybody one that I just finish. Here's a refresher photo

{{gwi:496657}}
and this is the finish photo. Now if I could only get hubby to install the pole. It would be ready for the flowerbed

{{gwi:496658}}
{{gwi:496660}}

Ok, how many project are getting done out there, It's your turn.

Stay cool Tamara

Comments (10)

• jenn
    18 years ago

Wow Tamara, you are so talented! Where did you find it?

The brown spots remind me of the time my mom had a cast on one of her legs following surgery. I had the not-so-bright idea of using a black marker to draw black cow spots, in the same shape as the brown spots on your horse. Well I have no artistic talent and I made a mess of her cast and she had to wear it like that for weeks until it was removed. I'm sure she wasn't too happy about it.

2005 challenges? Well we had our big garage sale (and I do mean BIG -- I'm still recovering!) and we plan to have another, smaller one in about a month. That will be the last one for the year (our city's ordinance allows only 2 per calendar year), whatever's left over will go to Goodwill or consignment shops.

Other than that, making great progress on the house, not so much in the garden because it's too hot and I'm too busy with the inside of the house.

Next?

Jen

PS -- Where's Diana???

• CA Kate z9
    18 years ago

I don't remember what mine all were, but I'm still working on the same shawl. LOL

Today I managed to repot all the salvias that I had rooting enmass in a number of larger pots. I put each in it's own pot, trimmed off the tall tops (to make a fuller plant) , watered well, and put them in the shade.

Then I stucK all the trimmed-off top into the old pots and started a bunch of new ones. :^)

That was as much as I could do before it got too hot.

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Jenn, Hubby is doing fine, thank you for asking. He's back at work and working long hours, plus coming home and working on getting this place ready for his weekend with the guy's. Yes I guess you can say that my Hubby is having a slumber party. There will be about sixteen guy's here and most are spending the night. Hubby is having a wrenchfest( guy's work on each other cars and drink beer) this weekend and I get to be the chaperon them.
    I'm glad your yard sale went good, we need to have one soon. If I can get DH too slow down.

Westelle, I know it's been awhile, but with this hot weather it's hard to stay outside long. I hope your garden is doing fine in this heat.

Stay cool
    Tamara

• CA Kate z9
    18 years ago

Tamara: I'm needing to do extra watering besides what the irrigation sysytem does; elsewise, everything is growing great. I just need to drag my body out of bed earlier, so I can get a few things done before it gets too hot..... "early" is not my body's favorite hour. :^)

In a fit of boredom, I cleaned out the utility drawer. I thought I might find the missing set-screw to the shelf bracket, but didn't. I found all sorts of other strange things, but not that. Rats!

I'm glad to hear that your hubby is recovered and back up to "slumber parties."

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, where has everybody gone???????????
    This forum used to be so active ?????????
    Anyways It's getting closeer to the holidays and does anybody have plans for making gifts this year, being that the cost of things keep going up?

I've started making those concert leaves and going to use them as feeder and birdbaths. And I'm mosaicsing a outside table .
    Got any projects going on.
    {{gwi:496661}}
    {{gwi:496662}}

Tamara

• CA Kate z9
    18 years ago

You are the busiest person I know... all this AND redoing your house too?

HD and I have removed all the rosemary and pruned back the ground roses from a large area where we intend to move the citrus that have been sitting on the stairway in pots for 8 years. It really looks different -- so bare right now.

And, I'm still crocheting - occasionally - on the same shawl. I think I'm bored with it.

• jenn
    18 years ago

Tamara, what beautiful projects! I cannot believe your talent and how busy you are.

Westelle, I know what you mean about getting bored with the shawl. It took me a few years once to complete a cross-stitch sampler. The design includes the year it was done... I had to change it more once during the project, each time thinking I would complete it that year. After it was all done and framed and hung, I noticed I accidently left out one of the rose buds one one of the stems!!!!!!!!

Well, had our garage sale and we're planning another one for this fall, the last one. Whatever isn't sold at that will definitely go to the Goodwill. The house interior is coming along well, only two rooms left! But they are major rooms and aren't just weekend projects.

As for gift making, no time for that other than the many dozens of cookies I bake every year at Christmas time.

Yes, what happened to everyone?????

Jen

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jen, speaking of yard sale. We must have one too. It's just convicing DH to have it here at the house instead of all the way down to my sister house in South Sac. I was thinking also that I might just donate all the stuff to goodwill or the S.A for the people down in the southern state. Alot of it is new stuff from when we got married and also when we combine to households, plus DH's anut is always buying us stuff that we don't use or she forgets that we already have them. Bless her heart she so giving.

Westelle, that is what I need to do, is to move our citrus trees. I have an orange tree for the last six years and it's been in a wine barrel the whole time. I have never gotten anything from it. No flowers , nothing. I think it's a male, if that possible.

Anyways it's good to hear from you two. Enjoy your weekend
    Tamara

• CA Kate z9
    18 years ago

Tamara: I discovered after a year or two AND a question to the forum that citrus need a lot of food all the time. Now I feed them with miracle gro every couple of weeks PLUS granualar citrus food. If I forget the liquid stuff they go into a humph and refuse to do anything..... no matter how much of the granular I feed them. (I actually almost killed them off with too much granular.)

• CA Kate z9
    18 years ago

I FINALLY finished the first shawl for my oldest daughter for Xmas. I have the yarn for two more -- for my other two children. The one for my son I'm doing in double crochet so that will go faster -- and it helps that new shows are on TV because that's when I crochet. I have some lighter weight yarn for the shawl for the youghest daugter; I thought I might take that on our trip to work on during the long layovers we have at various airpots..... since I recently discovered that it is legal to take crochet hooks and knitting needles on-board a plane.... just don't get caught with the deadly nail clippers.... which, by the way, are legal to take on board..... something I discovered AFTER DH was practically strip-searched because they found the deadly device in his briefcase. Oh well.......