Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redblossom40

Fall Colors and AppleHill time

redblossom40
16 years ago

Yes, Brenda I too love the fall, Love the colors and the cool weather, which we are having up here. I hope the trees are not turn because of the dryness we are experinces. We had snow this year, not as much as last year. Let's see if cooler weather stay.

As for Applehill, Love the place. I'm not sure how many on this site are in N Cal? But if you are, you need to visit the area at least once. Girlfriend went there yesterday and got a lug of peaches, (which I help her can too) they where nice and large. Plus their still have blackberries and raspberries left. There are some many apples this year too. I can wait.

Me and my sister have a girl day out every year there. This year we are going to the Time Out Spa for women only. Looking forward to sometime away from all the gardening and canning I've been doing this year.

Love to get together if you come up this way

Tamara

Comments (10)

• youreit
    16 years ago

MMMMM, fresh berries and peaches sound so delicious right now, Tamara! I think this will be year 5 or so that we've made a point of going up to get pies for the holidays, and we try to visit new farms each time. Of course, there's no way we can ever walk out of there with only pies. All of the fresh baked goods are always so tempting! And the crafts and fruit and cider and....I could live there. LOL

Well, we're down to one vehicle for the moment, but if I get my way, I'll have a "new" one before Christmas! If so, I'll try to plan a trip up there and give you a hollar in advance, Tamara. That spa sounds like heaven! :)

Brenda

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

I went there last fall with my cousin, if this is where I think it is. I not only got some excellent fruit but got some beautiful prints I framed.

Brenda, I've been stuck with a single vehicle since we sold DH's truck to pay to get the retaining wall we had to fix at our house up in the mtns. Everytime we get some cash saved to buy another vehicle something happens. That was two years ago.

Tamara, I was hoping you put pics on, I miss fall colors, but I do enjoy my roses and flowers here that I couldn't have in the mtns.
    Leslie

• calpat
    16 years ago

Tamara, Brenda and Leslie....it seems everyonbe knows of this palce your talking about except me. Where is it and how do I get to it from Redding???

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a link to the web site. It has all the info, It's off of Hwy 50 outside of Placerville, About 4 hours from you.
    But, If you or anybody needs a place to stay the door is always open. Our questroom over looks the Applehill area,plus the back side of the Sierra Nevada.
    Just let me know

Tamara

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Hill

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

I think this is where we once ended up the weekend after Thanksgiving about 10 years ago. What a terrific madhouse..... and there no pies left! We did buy apples and cider. That's something I miss from the midwest and east coast... cider.... really good cider. I think we need a trip up there again this Fall.

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link, my cousin lives in Placerville and this is indeed where we went, she goes there all the time. Sometimes there are two places, I actually lived in a town called Pine Flat, there is also another Pine Flat out of Fresno. Mine was 3 miles above CA Hot Springs.

That's a nice invite though, thanks.
    Leslie

• youreit
    16 years ago

Westelle, for those of us who've never lived or visited the mid-west or east coast, this always makes me feel like I might be there! :D That's what I love so much about it, with the fall colors and sweater weather and flavors. There's something so comforting about fall.

I'm really yearning for it now! LOL Tamara, you're so sweet to offer up a little slice of heaven. :) Pat, I sure hope you get a chance to go there. It truly can be a madhouse on weekends, as Westelle mentioned. Our best trip so far was one during the week, before Thanksgiving. Hardly anyone there, but all the goodies were just waiting for us. :D

Brenda

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

I told DH that I was wanting to go UP for a visit to Apple Country. He's already agreed. Hah! I'll need to see if he can take some time during the week.

Tamara: what's going on up there in Sept.? Any apples? Cider?
    ( I'm not going if there's no cider.)

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    16 years ago

October is the best time to go up there. That's where all the craft booths are there. We go up Sunday or during the week. less people.

Sorry, haven't been around DH was in the hospital again. It' a on going thing with him.
    Boy, I'll tell you it's alot cool up here, than in the valley.
    Oh, yea The Time OUt Spa trip was great. Diffently a must for the overwork women. We spent the night their and had the whole place to ourself. The food was good and the massages where great, very relaxing. Sis said that it was cheaper than the Spa's in Napa area.

Anyways, got to go hope everybody not melting too much.

Tamara

Here is a link that might be useful: Timeout Spa

• youreit
    16 years ago

I sure hope your husband is doing better, Tamara! We'll be thinking about you. Great to know you were able to have an enjoyable night with the girls, too. :)

Can't wait until fall! This heat is so BLAH! That spa sounds wonderful!

Brenda

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH