Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redblossom40

OK,finally going to start remodel of house

redblossom40
18 years ago

Just in time for winter. Who knows what DH is thinking. Anyways windows are coming the 25th and the work will start this coming monday. I'm nervous and happy at the same time if that's possible.

All new windows and doors going in plus new siding going on. Will be putting up hardi plank. Has anyone put this on thier house. They say it's fire resisted. We are also redoing the deck with concert (pandecking) with no wood only metal support under it. And when we do the deck we will also do the back patio w/ awning.

After all this it done we will reward ourself with a spa on the back patio,plus we are going to be paving the driveway and road around house.

Oh and by the way DH thinks he can have it all done before first rain. HA, HA

Anyways, it's going to be nice to have it all done and I can finally finish the front flowerbeds, will be going with a cottage theme.

Here's the before picture of the house.

Here is a link that might be useful: before remodel

Comments (4)

• youreit
    18 years ago

I feel for you, Tamara! After having seen what my mom went through this summer, I can say without reservation that it is totally possible to feel happy and nervous at the same time. :D They, too, had all new doors and windows put in. The result is amazing, though! So much more light now, and they have windows that OPEN. LOL

In my opinion, your house is beautiful now, but I know you'll be even happier when it's all done. I sure hope you guys can beat the rain! :)

Brenda

• Mikey
    18 years ago

We recently had nine double-pane vinyl windows put in and the workers arrived at 9:30am and finished completely by 3:00pm the same day. However, our kitchen remodel was another story and after 5 months of eating out we finally got it finished....

We're also considering getting a spa. Have you done any homework yet to find out how much your electrical will increase?

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Brenda, I hope the rains don't come early this year like last year. We are going to get all the outside done first and worry about the inside later. That can be done even if it rains.

Mikey, as for the spa goes, yes we have and DH has even thought of a hot tub instead. One that works with wood, but I put a stop to that idea. I want jets. So we find a nice two seater spa that will work great, being that there's only the two of us and the cost to run it is not that bad. Plus at our age we are really starting to feel the effects of working in the yard all day and how nice it would be to relax those tired muscles after a hard day of work.

Tamara

• jenn
    18 years ago

Wow, what an undertaking! Will you do some of the work yourselves? You won't believe what a difference new windows will make. We've repaced a few of ours, the rest will be done next year. I think it's one of the best home-improvement projects you can do.

When the mess starts to get the best of you, just think about the folks around the world who have nothing but a dirt floor, or the folks in the gulf coast who lost everything but the clothes on their back. Truly, that has helped me more than anything in coping with the mess. It kept the complaining to a minimum.

Have fun and show us progress pics!

Jen