cagardenerwestelle

Wishing you...

CA Kate z9
16 years ago

a most feast-ful Thanksgiving!

Comments (5)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Thank you, Westelle! I hope you, and all the fine posters here, have a safe feast day! And may you find yourself blessed with many thanks and much giving!

Brenda

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

Thanks I did and hope you all did also, I didn't find this in time, we left for Arroyo Grande that morning. Beautiful at the beach too, perfect weather there.
    Leslie

• youreit
    16 years ago

It was cold and windy up in Redding (right, Pat? LOL). It got down to 31 on Sat. morning at my folks' house after the winds finally calmed.

Early Friday morning, the wind was from the N, NW, and we were hearing this crazy honking and yelling going on. Turns out, it was on the street the just north of Mom's & Dad's. Someone's house was on fire, and the neighbors were trying to warn them! We were thinking it was some Thanksgiving family thing gone wrong...or druggies, etc. We're so cynical!

Anyway, the poor woman ended up losing her home! CDF and the Anderson Fire Dept. were both quick to arrive and put the fire out. Embers were blowing into the field next to my parents' house, but lucky for us, the fire was to the northeast. The lady was ok, and her son came back from Hayfork to pick her up.

DH took {{gwi:497560}} later on Friday. It used to be a double-wide mobile....

I hope everyone had a safe one!

Brenda

• CA Kate z9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ours was safe and happy with everyone arriving and getting home safely... whether by plane, train, or automobile. We got home about 7:30 last night totally worn out. We decided to take 101 & then 41 from Woodland Hills to Clovis instead of the i-5 & 99. It took 6 hours instead of 3.5. DH wasn't happy. Today is laundry day.:^)

• calpat
    16 years ago

Hi all! I've been without a pc for over a week, the darn thing died on me and even the $70.00 per hr. tech couldn't get it going. Just got the new one up and running and boy oh boy, have I got a lot of instructions to read. Had a nice holiday, very quiet, looking forward to Christmas now as all the grandkids and their kids will be coming home for about a week. But right now I've got about 3 other projects going, the bed isn't made, the dishwasher needs to be emptied, the washer dryer both need emptying, as soon as I get my chores done I want to come back and visit for a while. Pat

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?