Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need transportation ideas!

Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 11, 08 at 16:54

Some of you know that due to a medical condition I can no longer drive, car& license are gone..but I have a real problem reg. transportation. The transportation for seniors informed me that they are closed down due to lack of funds. Called taxi co. and would have to file bankrupsy in just a few trips. Yes, I still have my DD, but she lives several miles from me and I hate imposing on her. Now remember I'm 82 so roller blades are out of the question, besides we don't have sidewalks where I live. I was thinking that maybe a golf cart would do, but haven't been able to get straight talk about driving restrictions on a cart or mechanized wheelchair. If you have any suggestions I surely would appreciate hearing about them.Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need transportation ideas!

Have you contacted your local AARP chapter. They might have some local suggestions.

I use to drive for the Red Cross. I'd pick up folks at their homes and then take them to Dr./Dentist/hospital/PT/etc. appointments, and then take them home again. Not all Red Cross Chapters do this, but it's worth asking.

Sometimes churches have volunteer drivers too.

o

• Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 12, 08 at 10:11

Thanks Westelle for jogging my brain, I will call those agencies this a.m. And good luck with your olives. I really think the ripe olives should be tossed. Oil is generally pressed when the olive reaches maturity and that's when it's green with a satin like sheen....Pat

o

Hey Pat, you may have already invesitgated this and some may not be in service but I put this on a link for you. I'd be interested in know what is available.
Les

Here is a link that might be useful: info

o

• Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 17, 08 at 11:28

Leslie, thanks so much for info. Although the link covers other areas I think it gives me a hint as to where to start looking. Pat

o

I thought it might help because it covered your city and county areas and thought there might be something there to help. Someone who could refer you to something that is active. Let us know if anything pans out. I'd hate to be tied to having my son or DIL taking me places, you feel like you're bothering them. No matter what they say, you need to feel you have some independence.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here