Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Pneumonia Is Not For Gardeners!

calpat
18 years ago

It really isn't! But then I didn't even know I had it. Oh yeh, big time for nearly 7 weeks. We've been having such weather as to hear your gardens chanting "come get the weeds out, plant something here, transplant something there!" Thought I just had a bad cold, I did but it developed into the "P". M.D.'s orders, "Go to bed, let your body heal, the gardens will be there for you when you're well". Really put a crimp into my Nov./Dec. garden plans. On the other hand it may well be for the best. I had planted 4 flats of seeds, I've never had good results, but this a.m.I checked and the seeds have sprouted, some are starting to get the 2nd set of leaves. I attribute this success so far as not being out there everyday worrying them to death. The tulips are up about 5 inches, the Jap Iris have sprouted & the Mums are ready to get their sad blooms trimmed off. I think I learned a good lesson here, haven't had energy to know just what the lesson is but I feel pretty good about knowing that the plants & flowers know more than I do, so I'll leave them alone and let them do their own "thing". So how is your day!

Comments (7)