Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Ho Ho Hum

lesdvs9
16 years ago

Made my list and checked it three times:) As far as I can figure though I started late I'm all done except for getting a photo blown up as a gift and an outfit for my youngest grandgirl, whew.... Plan to be steer clear of the stores by this Friday and not return except to grocery shop. I have a couple of packages to ship off but that's all.

How about you all??

Still looking for my spirit though, the outside of the house is dressed in lights and figures. The inside is not, the tree is in water and still not decorated, LOL* My son keeps asking when are we going to, I don't know maybe it'll be a green Christmas:) I haven't gotten anything out at all, this late I don't know if I want to pull it all out, it took me a month to pack it all away last year.

Les

Comments (3)

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

My tree is up and lite...... nothing else. I just may leave it for the grands to decorate for me. I did put up one wreath and put in new candles in all the candle sticks. Does this count?

• calpat
    16 years ago

Yes Westelle, that counts! I say this as this is what I just finished. Been making crepes and it's going nicely except I only had one pan. Went digging in the garage and found another pan that is working out o.k.
    Leslie, sounds like you got things under control, now let's work on the"spirit", remember, Christmas isn't about presents, that just "stuff", let's all count our blessings!

• lesdvs9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh good, I have the blessing part down, it's the spirit I'm lacking, LOL* I was thinking the same thing Westelle, if I can manage to get lights on it, the grands will both be here today, they can decorate it:) I think that counts, that's one more than I've done, so yes.

Grandgirl gets to invite one person to her Christmas play in Kindergarten on Friday, when asked who she told her Mom she wanted me:) This went over well with exDIL...

But I have my blessings down Pat, that would include my health, my husband's, my folks, my siblings, my children and all my beautiful grandchildren:)

I just wish it wasn't so expensive. My sister doesn't have kids, so she's borrowing my grandchildren to give presents to. Well 6 of the 7, the youngest ones here in CA. 4 of them don't even remember who she is. That's very nice of her to do. That's a spirit of giving and a pass it on thing we do.

She has a student nurse in her class that is very poor and she made a secret Santa gift to her of $100. This gal cried. She lives on $600 a month trying to go to nursing school and has 2 kids. I picked the young gal who cuts my hair to give mine to. She cried too. I remember what it's like to be young and broke. I know what it's like to be old and broke, LOL* My Sis and I have been doing this for years. She usually has more money than I do, sometimes I help someone with something else. Pass on the kindness, pass on the money to someone and hoping they will remember and pass it on themselves one day also. I don't say this very well. Not everyone will but these people still have memories of kindness, an unexpected act who knows how this touches them?? Circles in circles. Have you ever had a full basket or cart at the store and let someone from behind you with just a couple of things go in front of you? Expressions can range from astonishment to gratefulness to sometimes nothing at all. But, that's an act of kindness and touches someone:) Especially if they're behind me at the grocery store, I usually have 2 weeks of groceries in my cart, LOL*

sorry, wandered off there.
    Les