Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: anyone out there in so cal????

Posted by leesgarden z9 So. CA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 04 at 10:31

Uh-oh, I think this exchange page is dying. Would love to do local trades, but it seems that nobody is here :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: anyone out there in so cal????

I'm in San Diego, just became a member today. I would love anything that I don't have

o

Im here in Pasadena. I have more space in my garden then actual plants. Let me know what you need and take a look at my lists. I also like and have some heirloom veggies.

o

I am also in San Diego. I'm a novice and I'd be happy to trade with locals.

o

Hi Leesgarden: I just found this thread. I've been looking
for an exchange on the regular site...just found this special "exchange" site (duh). Anyway, I'm pretty much home
all summer, with nothing better to do than the garden thing.
I live close. Give me a call. (still have bananas)
boomchuckchuck

o

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY HERE.....

o

nataliep,
I have lots of straberries, if you still want them, email me. Where in San Diege are you located?

o

Boomchuckchuck, where SoCAL are you in? I would like to find someone in SoCAL who can trade brug or some tropical plants. Live in Inland Empire.

o

Topanga canyon here. I would like to do local trades if there is anyone that
lies within a reasonable driving distance. I think it would help everyone if people would list the city or local vicinity where they live so that a person can see if a local trade is posseible .
oscar

o

anyone interrested in a san fernando valley get together..
im in northridge....

o

Northridge is reasonable driving for me from topanga, anyone else????

o

lost in orange county...

o

i am going to become the blackberry king of the pacific coast...only interested in berries....jim

o

Hi, it's my first time to this form. I'm here near the L.A. County Fairwplex. But not for long, trying to buy are first home. It looks like we may find one near the Ontario Airport. Hope to talk to some of you soon, Jackie :^)

o

• Posted by nomadh 10-11/so cal (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 1, 04 at 20:04

I'm in San Diego doing some of everything with a leaning towards pond plants and bamboo

o

hi, i just found this forum it is cool!!, i live in tijuana and in san diego, i love palms!!!, i want to trade palm related.

o

south orange county here.

Leesgarden, where are you located?

o

Free Fan Palm, two feet in height. Pick up only unless you want to pay postage. "Postage first package later"

o

• Posted by Cabarb Z 9- California (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 27, 04 at 16:50

I'm in Fresno - been here 2 years..came from the midwest.

o

Hi there. Hope you are doing well. Don't know if you remember me but I live in Riverside. Aren't you the one that had the fire come and burn some of your house? I think it got your roses and your barn? I have rose cuttings if you are still in need of some. LMK

Take care,
Norma :)

o

Hey Norma!

Of course I remember you. Yup, lost our barn and yards and fencing in the fire. Hard to believe it's been almost a year since it all happened. Well it was proof of how amazing God made plants - almost everything I had came
back, and with a vengence! My brug was toast like the rest of them, and it is not about 4 feet tall and blooming like crazy. BTW, I tried e-mailing you, but it wouldn't go through.

I would totally take you up on your offer, except that we are selling our house and moving to Colorado. But I have been working really hard in the garden areas and making new ones, so if you have stuff you really want to get rid of, I would gladly come and take it off your hands. I just finished landscaping our one side yard, and planted 2 cherry trees, 6 poplars, 12 irises, and 8 zonal geraniums (all of which were propagated except the cherry trees). It is so much fun, but I was exhausted afterwards.

If you know anybody looking for a home with lots of room for horses and/or gardening, let me know :)

Happy gardening,
Lisa :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My gardens

o

I live in LA and Santa Maria.

o

i live in san diego and want blueberry plants, ollalieberries. don't know how to work this list.

thanks, diana

o

Hi everyone, I am in Bakersfield. I wonder if anyone has any lilacs or hollyhocks.

o

I'm here in Santa Clarita! We've got a new house with lots of dirt in the backyard. I've got BIG plans and I look forward to doing some trades here.
-Chandra

o

North Hollywood present :-)

o

I'm in North Orange County (Yorba Linda) and looking for folks who are interested in exchanging native seeds of local scrub sage/chapparal.

o

In South orange county, love to garden...flowers, herbs, etc. drop me an email

o

Greetings all! I live in North Hills, close to Green Arrow Nursery (dangerous place), and just retired at the end of February and hope to have more time to garden.

o

Hi. I am in Newberry Springs / Barstow / Victorville areas -- the California "high desert". Mainly interested in eldarica pine trees (pinus brutia ssp. eldarica.)

o

Hello everybody! I'm in Marina del Rey area and I'm looking for brugs and daturas in pink-red-other-than-white colors... I don't have much plants for trade but I have lot of seeds if someone it is intereted... I really really want some cuttings of Brug (right now I have 2 little seedlings..) I'm going to update my seeds list!
Thank you!

o

• Posted by lyzzy z20.LA.Valley (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 27, 05 at 10:24

ahoy! here in valley glen, re-configuring garden beds etc (as always!), i have many many iris, fortnight lilies, some succulents and agaves...take 'em away! i'll be 'in-dirt' most of the weekend!

o

Eagle Rock here which is north east LA between Glendale & Pasadena.

Right now I have tons of roma tomato seedlings if anyone is interested

o

dianacazadora,

The weather here is way too hot for Sanguineas. I have a Peach Suaveolens brug. I'd be happy to send you cuttings for postage if you'd like.

o

I just registered today after being a lurker for sometime. I'm in Escondido (NE San Diego) and I'd love to do trades. I have little now that I can take cuttings from, but as mine start to grow, I'll be able to offer more!

o

la verne here growing tomatoes

o

hollywood. I grow carivorous plants.

o

I'm in Orange County and have the following seeds from Renee's Seeds if anyone wants 'em

Bush Morning Glory Royal Blue Ensign (4 packs)
Exhibition Sweet Peas Renaissance
Green & Red Romaines Renee's Caesar Duo (lettuce)
Antique Sweet Peas Queen of Hearts
Exhibition Sweet Peas Blue Celeste
Exhibition Sweet Peas North Shore
Designer Sweet Peas Strawberry Fields
Heirloom Runner Bean Painted Lady (2 packs)
Sugar Snap Peas
Flowering Vine Purple Hyacinth Bean
Indian Zucchini Romanesco
Windowbox Sweet Peas Heirloom Cupid (2 packs)
Morning Glory Early Call
Italian Heirloom Kale
Lacinato
Antique Sweet Pea Queen of Hearts
Heirloom Morning Glory Scarlett O'Hara
Specialty Sweet Pea Saltwater Taffy Swirls
Magic Beanstalk Scarlet Runner Bean

email me: tifannytdog@yahoo.com

I got them for free and am not going to use them so :)

o

I just got lucky this morning and found this website. Boy, am I glad I did!!! I live in the San Bernardino area and would like to make some trades if I have what you want and vice versa. I hope to get to chat to some of you soon.
Grace

o

• Posted by Tecate z9 So Calif (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 2, 05 at 17:10

Just found this page myself. We were in Australia recently and loved the plant life there. Anyone know about where and how to get plants (NOT, though Eucalyps!) such as Pandanus, etc?

o

Santa Monica here (West LA)

I have several empty pots that I am very eager to fill. I might even have room to adopt more. :) Currently seeking herbs (seeds, cuttings or plants) would be happy to drive to you if not too far away :)

Also considering a small, potted citrus tree, but don't know how well they grow - any tips? recommended varieties?

Email me! Thanks

o

San Diego here!

o

Los Angeles (Mar Vista)-- Would love to share garden goodies locally! We should have an LA garden club...or is there one already?

o

San Bernardino - desert area.

o

San Gabriel Valley. and very interested

o

High Desert in San Bernadino County. It is amazing at how many of you are so close but yet so far away. :)
Nice to meet some new fokes
Toni

Waving at Paula/YourGrace

o

Contact me if you're in North Orange County (Cypress, Buena Park, Los Alamitos, LaPalma, Garden Grove, Westminster, Fullerton) or ?????

o

Wow! Lot's of people checking in since the last time I was here!

I am in So. Central Calif (not far from Fresno)...I have lots of seeds if anyone is interested....
am looking for just about anything (seeds) that flowers (but doesn't smell hideous or have anything prickly, lol)..

Have a great day/evening...

o

I am in San Diego, and have lots of mature Fuerte avocado clippings I'd trade for ____? I also do lots of macro and closeup photography of my own landscape and gardens, and would trade high-end photography (enlarged prints, digital CDs) etc for interesting plants and cuttings (Interested in cacti, succulent, palms, plumeria, hibiscus, etc).

I live in Escondido and would go pretty much anywhere for a good photo shoot.

My work (and lots of my plants) are here:

http://www.wcphotoworks.com/gallery/

Here is a link that might be useful: West Coast PhotoWorks

o

Poway here.

o

i live in san marcos and have lots of succulents and other plants.. u have great photos. do u have any succulents to trade?

o

Hi there I'm Damon In San Diego east county (El Cajon). I have pond plants, bamboo, landscape plants like canna, different brugmansias etc. I'm into the above plus bonsai looking to trade some or all of above in the area.
thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: so cal watergarden society

o

Hi there I'm Damon In San Diego east county (El Cajon). I have pond plants, bamboo, landscape plants like canna, different brugmansias etc. I'm into the above plus bonsai looking to trade some or all of above in the area.
thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: so cal watergarden society

o

I'm Lori on the bluffs in Westchester, overlooking Ballona Creek. Would love to join a West LA gardening club! I have calla lilly tubers, some canna, white ginger, papyrus, jade plant, geraniums, sedums and iris to share. Am looking for night blooming jasmine and pink lemonade honeysuckle.

o

I'm Jane in Oceanside, just past the "weeds all over the place" stage. Since I moved from small condo, I do not have to much plants to share yet, but I'm able to "trade" my European Feng Shui Design knowledge with more than 10 years experience.
I'm interested about california native plants, bamboo and water plants.

o

Looking for unusual succulents,reddish hens and chicks,gasteria variegated,epis, baby's tears HAVE rosary vine,string of pearls,banana strings,zebra hiowatia,aloes burro tail etc for trade.Live
in Sherman Oaks almost SFV...Sue

o

Hi my name is Vanessa I'm in Vista. I collect tropical plants, bamboo, orchids, and green leafy stuff. If it grows its in my yard, if not I'm on the hunt.

My favorite places to hang out are my local Cymbidium orchid society, hort society, Quail botanical gardens, Sunset Valley orchids, Lowes garden center and my back yard working in the greenhouse.

o

Hi, I'm Wanda in North Orange County La Palma area here.
New to Garden Web.
Have following to trade: Lacecap hydrangeas, kalanchoe, suede/felt plant, spider plant, tall pink-flowered begonias. What do you have?

o

Anyone in Cypress, Garden Grove, Anaheim, Westminster? LaMirada? Long Beach, Los Alamitos??? WHERE R U??

o

• Posted by sib5 9/So.Cal (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 2:56

will trade locally with others in the san gabriel valley sib5 interested in all things native and all things herbal and all things edible

o

Here in beautiful coastal Encinitas! anyone have some heirloom rose or old rose to trade cutting??? I have a mix Natives and old rose Garden. keep me posted !

o

Orange County represented here. Lots to trade. Also, I started an OC Plant Exchange Page for Facebook. Hasn't really been used yet but there are a few locals on the list and I certainly see the potential with so many people on facebook now....

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange County Plant Exchange on Facebook

o

Lots of interesting and unusual plants, bulbs, and seeds to trade in Redlands area. Special interest in chocolate colored plants, veggies, herbs, arum, and aquatic plants. Also chartreuse (lime green). Frequently travel to Orange County and LA. Here's my trade list:

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/smartyplants

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

o

Hi There!
North County of San Diego,Calif.!!!
I have lots and lots of tropcial plants. I'm trying so hard searching for Heliconia, Epiphyllum, and Plumeria plants to expand my collection.
Oh!BTW,today is my first my 1st day.
-Leentje

o

Good evening from 92120 (near Qualcom Stadium in San Diego). I am very interested in finding some seeds or plants for my garden. I have some very easy plants (spider plants and small elephant ears) to trade/exchange. I am mostly looking for veggies but am open to almost anything. Right now I am raiding the health food stores and seeing what I can grow from there. I might have a couple of other things but looking for what might be available. Also working on my compost tumbler and worms... making great DIRT!

o

I'm on the border of Santa Monica and West LA ( 90025 near Bundy and Santa Monica Blvd).
I WANT:(& hope to have soon & be able to trade as well):
berries( especially Thimbleberry,
Blackberry; but also interested in
Raspberry,
Strawberry and
others); also looking for
Kiwi( any, but especially the Golden-fleshed);
edible Rose;
Coriscan Mint.

I HAVE( + above plants soon):
Pitaya( Dragon Fruit Cactus; both magenta and white fleshed); rooted cuttings to trade large and small + cuttings not yet rooted;
Bergamot(cuttings to trade)
Aloe Vera( cuttings)

~Diana(310)936-3150 If you want to trade I'm easiest to reach by phone; I'm a newbie here --I've placed alot of postings on this which are hard to keep track of and I don't seem to get the emails in my email box.

o

Wow Diana you must be within walking distance from me because I'm on Amherst. :) Between Wilshire and Santa Monica Bl. One block west of Bundy.

I don't seem to have anything you listed above, but I listed my haves and wants under my profile exchange page, if anyone local wants to trade seeds.

Rudy

o

Hello from Glendora! I recently relocated to SoCal from Portland, OR, so I'm having to learn how to garden all over again. My new place has mostly grass (but not for long), so I don't have much to offer in trade, but I do have a giant bird of paradise that needs a new home. I'm looking for vegetable seeds (especially heirloom melons and tomatoes), herbs, flower seeds or plants, brugs, gardenias, and pretty much anything else that will grow here. I'd also be glad to meet other gardeners in the area.

o

My wants & haves have changed, see below. Wow Rundy, so great to find a gardening neighbor, you sure are close! I don't have much more space in my garden... also I have a feeling we're going to have a frost this year, so not sure I want to do much planting til the cold season is over. You should check out the California Rare Fruit Growers West LA Chapter, or the Venice High School Learning Garden Free Seed Library for both great community + the things you're looking for. Plus they have the best local community potluck in the garden every Fri at 12:30pm. OK, here are my lists:

WANT:
Coriscan Mint ( Mentha Requienii )
Sweet Grass ( Hierochloe Odorata )
Cinnamon Tree ( cinnamomum verum or cinnamomum zeylanicum )

HAVE:
Dragon Fruit ( Self Pollinating Pink + White Fleshed Pitaya )
Thimbleberry ( Rubus Parviflorus )
Maid of Orleans / Arabian Tea Jasmine / Pitake ( Jasminum Sambac )
Strawberry Tree ( Arbutus Unedo )
Blackberry
Wild Fennel
Bee Balm/ Osewago Tea/ Bergamot
Cinnamon Basil
Rosemary
Mint
Aloe
Rose
Thai Basil
Lime
I WILL HAVE SOON:
another cactus fruit that is yellow fleshed, has small seeds like pitaya, yellow flesh and no spires;
an unusual Mullberry that is long but is Persian -not the Pakistan variety
Origanum Vulgare
Chamomile
Dandelion

POSSIBLY WILL HAVE SOON, or will get eventually:
Citrus Bergamia
Rooibos

Please email me direct by clicking my idea, I don't check this site regularly

Best wishes,
~Diana West LA 90025 / Santa Monica border California

o
typo re Rudy's name RE: WANTED: anyone out there in so cal????

sorry Rudy that was a typo, I meant to write your name :)

o
Also have Australian Brush Cherry RE: WANTED: anyone out there i

forgot one: also have Australian brush cherry ( Syzygium paniculatum )

o

• Posted by themomjl SE Riverside County, (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 27, 11 at 13:22

I am new to this. Doing seed and plant exchanges. I would love to talk to others who live in this general area to discuss things like gophers, rabbits, protecting your garden from these pests; dealing with rattlesnakes in the garden area, etc. Our soil has lots of clay in it and the process for soil enchancement. We have over 40 acres and I would love to do a major garden but I am planning to start really small. =)

o

I'm new to this website & new gardener here in San Diego. I'd like to find locals to swap seeds/plants/garden items with. I have sprouts growing (yea!) of several veggies & mixed flowers. Nothing too fancy (I'm a newbie, I want to be encouraged by my efforts). But I can already see that I will have several veggies to offer. Even swapping plants for excess pots or soil would be very helpful for me.
I've planted:
Lettuce* &I'm pretty sure every seed sprouted!
Tomatos* I mixed the types...I wish I hadn't done that..rookie mistake, made several times
Peppers, mixed bell & hot
cucumbers*
okra*
carrots*--shorts & longs (I did seperate these..lucky)
onions
cilantro
lincoln peas*
brussell sprouts*
cantelope
pumpkin*
watermelon
gourds
butterfly weed
lavender
mixed floral *
rosemary*
mixed sunflower*
* indicates currently sprouted.
I don't believe any of these are just yet ready for transplant, they're still pretty tiny. But I'd love to trade my excess, like I said for your excess soil, containers or sprouts/plants that I do not have.
Also I have seeds for almost all of the above plants listed.
I live in the 92124 zipcode area.

o

Glendale here. I only do rare or unusual. Anyone need a 5lb amorphophallus Konjac bulb? Specialize in euphorbia's, caudex, fat trees, othonna, ipomoea, pelargonium-rare only, also have a brugmansia sanguinea for trade. A few rare cacti etc.

o

I'm new to the site, but I have long been enjoying gardening. I' m in the southbay area, around LAX. I am currently looking for fig cuttings of various varieties, and also lime, lemon, calamondin, kiffir lime cutting or small plants.

I have a few pomegranite and lo quat seedlings (they are about a year old) for the exchange.

o

iam in Quartz hill the high desert in la county

o

fullerton here, just joined. would like to trade/sell plants. i have numerous types.

o

I'm in Eagle Rock. Just getting started with gardening and I need to landscape the yards around my new house. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

o

My name is Tricia and I am in Temecula, CA.
I am interested in trading succulents and cacti for other indoor and outdoor plants. I have lots of ice plants, aloes, various types and sizes. Aeonium especially, clippings and rooted, available now for trade.
I am really interested to see if anyone else is trying to replace their grass with sedum sod. I am in the process and have seen success so far. I am looking for green ground cover, non flowering, full sun.
I am starting a Staghorn collection and airplants too. Let's trade or exchange advice on any of the above mentioned topics.

o

I am located in San Diego near Montgomery Field.
We have a great compost pile with wonder worms that are great for fishing among other things. We have great dirt as we've been turning it with our compost and manure for the last twenty or so years. Don't have much to trade except compost and dirt right now. But will have tomatoes and other vegies on a later date.

o

Live in Thousand Oaks, just west of LA in socal. Just joined GardenWeb. Most trees are on a 35-degree 4-level terraced slope with stairs. Into dragon fruit (lots of cuttings) & subtropical trees. Just got fruit on my jaboticaba and white wax jambu, and my mango is flowering again (25 years old, grown from a seed). Growing aloe vera cactus, 2 apple types, 6 asian pears, 2 avocado, lots of bananas, lots of blueberries (outside in their own special soil mix), lots of cherimoyas, capulin cherry, surinam cherries, date palms, 3 figs, 4 seedless grapes in the grape arbor, a few guavas (3 pineapple [= feijoa], lemon, strawberry, South African, Tropic pink, Tropic white), Lang jujube, kiwis, kumquats, 3 lemons, 3 limes, 2 loquats, 2 lychees, 2 mandarins, Beaumont Macadamia nut, Persian mulberry, Goldmine nectarine, 3 blood oranges (Moro, Sanguinelli, & Tarocco), 3 regular oranges (Cara Cara pink, Washington, & Lane), purple passion fruit, 5 peaches (white & yellow), red Bartlett pear, persimmons (chocolate, fuyu, & giant fuyu), pistachio (male & female), pomegranates (wonderful, Utah sweet), prickly pear cactus, sapote (black Emerich & white Suebelle), red sugar cane, lots of veggies, lots of spices, etc. Not a huge yard, but I've got pruning shears. A pirate ship, a mango tree house, several decks, and a tiki hut get me into the trees for fruit picking.

o

I am from burbank but stay in riverside. If anyone wants to ever trade any plants, especially fragrant ones, I am the go to guy. :)

o

Hi there! I live in Northridge and am looking for a produce swap. If anyone knows of a weekly or monthly swap in the san fernando valley I would love to have more information. Thanks!

o

Greetings fellow members,

I'm Joe and I'm new here. I live in El Cajon (South East San Diego). Can anyone tell me what zone that is?

My family recently moved from an apartment to a house and I'm in the process of planting fruit trees for my little kids. So far I have planted pomegranate, loquat, and fig trees. I'm looking for any easy to grow fruit trees that can be fun for my kids. I've love to get lemon, kumquat, avocado, wax jimbu, clementines, bloody orange, persimmons, mulberry, etc...

I also have a large ugly slope in the back of the house that I'd love to fill with cacti and succulents :)

Would love to meet some of you. Feel free to contact me by email.

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!! Thank you contributors!

Joe
JTALLO "AT GMAIL DOT COM"

This post was edited by Joe92019 on Tue, Nov 25, 14 at 15:04

o

Long Beach here 9b (coast) - moved into a house with pretty big yard and practically LIVE in the garden. Grow most of my plants from seed or other propagation. I like ornamentals and tropical - if it blooms - I grow it or want it! Don't believe in "thinning out' seedlings so I have a small nursery. Very interested in trading. If you have Yellow or White Epidendrums (reed stem or secundum) I'll trade you anything in my yard ;) getting my list up soon......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from California are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here