Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leesgarden_gw

WANTED: anyone out there in so cal????

leesgarden
19 years ago

Uh-oh, I think this exchange page is dying. Would love to do local trades, but it seems that nobody is here :(

Comments (94)

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

High Desert in San Bernadino County. It is amazing at how many of you are so close but yet so far away. :)
    Nice to meet some new fokes
    Toni

Waving at Paula/YourGrace

• heirloomkeepsakes
    18 years ago

Contact me if you're in North Orange County (Cypress, Buena Park, Los Alamitos, LaPalma, Garden Grove, Westminster, Fullerton) or ?????

• emankinen
    18 years ago

Wow! Lot's of people checking in since the last time I was here!

I am in So. Central Calif (not far from Fresno)...I have lots of seeds if anyone is interested....
    am looking for just about anything (seeds) that flowers (but doesn't smell hideous or have anything prickly, lol)..

Have a great day/evening...

• wcphotoworks
    18 years ago

I am in San Diego, and have lots of mature Fuerte avocado clippings I'd trade for ____? I also do lots of macro and closeup photography of my own landscape and gardens, and would trade high-end photography (enlarged prints, digital CDs) etc for interesting plants and cuttings (Interested in cacti, succulent, palms, plumeria, hibiscus, etc).

I live in Escondido and would go pretty much anywhere for a good photo shoot.

My work (and lots of my plants) are here:

http://www.wcphotoworks.com/gallery/

Here is a link that might be useful: West Coast PhotoWorks

• flower_153
    18 years ago

Poway here.

• dianamagic
    18 years ago

i live in san marcos and have lots of succulents and other plants.. u have great photos. do u have any succulents to trade?

• nomadh
    17 years ago

Hi there I'm Damon In San Diego east county (El Cajon). I have pond plants, bamboo, landscape plants like canna, different brugmansias etc. I'm into the above plus bonsai looking to trade some or all of above in the area.
    thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: so cal watergarden society

• nomadh
    17 years ago

Hi there I'm Damon In San Diego east county (El Cajon). I have pond plants, bamboo, landscape plants like canna, different brugmansias etc. I'm into the above plus bonsai looking to trade some or all of above in the area.
    thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: so cal watergarden society

• lorinscott_1
    17 years ago

I'm Lori on the bluffs in Westchester, overlooking Ballona Creek. Would love to join a West LA gardening club! I have calla lilly tubers, some canna, white ginger, papyrus, jade plant, geraniums, sedums and iris to share. Am looking for night blooming jasmine and pink lemonade honeysuckle.

• gardenshuist
    17 years ago

I'm Jane in Oceanside, just past the "weeds all over the place" stage. Since I moved from small condo, I do not have to much plants to share yet, but I'm able to "trade" my European Feng Shui Design knowledge with more than 10 years experience.
    I'm interested about california native plants, bamboo and water plants.

• rose4mom
    17 years ago

Looking for unusual succulents,reddish hens and chicks,gasteria variegated,epis, baby's tears HAVE rosary vine,string of pearls,banana strings,zebra hiowatia,aloes burro tail etc for trade.Live
    in Sherman Oaks almost SFV...Sue

• lueddemanniana
    17 years ago

Hi my name is Vanessa I'm in Vista. I collect tropical plants, bamboo, orchids, and green leafy stuff. If it grows its in my yard, if not I'm on the hunt.

My favorite places to hang out are my local Cymbidium orchid society, hort society, Quail botanical gardens, Sunset Valley orchids, Lowes garden center and my back yard working in the greenhouse.

• crewelwanda1
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm Wanda in North Orange County La Palma area here.
    New to Garden Web.
    Have following to trade: Lacecap hydrangeas, kalanchoe, suede/felt plant, spider plant, tall pink-flowered begonias. What do you have?

• heirloomkeepsakes
    17 years ago

Anyone in Cypress, Garden Grove, Anaheim, Westminster? LaMirada? Long Beach, Los Alamitos??? WHERE R U??

• sib5
    16 years ago

will trade locally with others in the san gabriel valley sib5 interested in all things native and all things herbal and all things edible

• encinitasrosecottage
    14 years ago

Here in beautiful coastal Encinitas! anyone have some heirloom rose or old rose to trade cutting??? I have a mix Natives and old rose Garden. keep me posted !

• Bryan Lampl
    14 years ago

Orange County represented here. Lots to trade. Also, I started an OC Plant Exchange Page for Facebook. Hasn't really been used yet but there are a few locals on the list and I certainly see the potential with so many people on facebook now....

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange County Plant Exchange on Facebook

• smartyplants
    13 years ago

Lots of interesting and unusual plants, bulbs, and seeds to trade in Redlands area. Special interest in chocolate colored plants, veggies, herbs, arum, and aquatic plants. Also chartreuse (lime green). Frequently travel to Orange County and LA. Here's my trade list:

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/smartyplants

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

• leentje3
    13 years ago

Hi There!
    North County of San Diego,Calif.!!!
    I have lots and lots of tropcial plants. I'm trying so hard searching for Heliconia, Epiphyllum, and Plumeria plants to expand my collection.
    Oh!BTW,today is my first my 1st day.
    -Leentje

• retnavythom
    13 years ago

Good evening from 92120 (near Qualcom Stadium in San Diego). I am very interested in finding some seeds or plants for my garden. I have some very easy plants (spider plants and small elephant ears) to trade/exchange. I am mostly looking for veggies but am open to almost anything. Right now I am raiding the health food stores and seeing what I can grow from there. I might have a couple of other things but looking for what might be available. Also working on my compost tumbler and worms... making great DIRT!

• luvdaytimeactivities
    13 years ago

I'm on the border of Santa Monica and West LA ( 90025 near Bundy and Santa Monica Blvd).
    I WANT:(& hope to have soon & be able to trade as well):
    berries( especially Thimbleberry,
    Blackberry; but also interested in
    Raspberry,
    Strawberry and
    others); also looking for
    Kiwi( any, but especially the Golden-fleshed);
    edible Rose;
    Coriscan Mint.

I HAVE( + above plants soon):
    Pitaya( Dragon Fruit Cactus; both magenta and white fleshed); rooted cuttings to trade large and small + cuttings not yet rooted;
    Bergamot(cuttings to trade)
    Aloe Vera( cuttings)

~Diana(310)936-3150 If you want to trade I'm easiest to reach by phone; I'm a newbie here --I've placed alot of postings on this which are hard to keep track of and I don't seem to get the emails in my email box.

• kosherbaker
    13 years ago

Wow Diana you must be within walking distance from me because I'm on Amherst. :) Between Wilshire and Santa Monica Bl. One block west of Bundy.

I don't seem to have anything you listed above, but I listed my haves and wants under my profile exchange page, if anyone local wants to trade seeds.

Rudy

• Janet
    13 years ago

Hello from Glendora! I recently relocated to SoCal from Portland, OR, so I'm having to learn how to garden all over again. My new place has mostly grass (but not for long), so I don't have much to offer in trade, but I do have a giant bird of paradise that needs a new home. I'm looking for vegetable seeds (especially heirloom melons and tomatoes), herbs, flower seeds or plants, brugs, gardenias, and pretty much anything else that will grow here. I'd also be glad to meet other gardeners in the area.

• luvdaytimeactivities
    13 years ago

My wants & haves have changed, see below. Wow Rundy, so great to find a gardening neighbor, you sure are close! I don't have much more space in my garden... also I have a feeling we're going to have a frost this year, so not sure I want to do much planting til the cold season is over. You should check out the California Rare Fruit Growers West LA Chapter, or the Venice High School Learning Garden Free Seed Library for both great community + the things you're looking for. Plus they have the best local community potluck in the garden every Fri at 12:30pm. OK, here are my lists:

WANT:
    Coriscan Mint ( Mentha Requienii )
    Sweet Grass ( Hierochloe Odorata )
    Cinnamon Tree ( cinnamomum verum or cinnamomum zeylanicum )

HAVE:
    Dragon Fruit ( Self Pollinating Pink + White Fleshed Pitaya )
    Thimbleberry ( Rubus Parviflorus )
    Maid of Orleans / Arabian Tea Jasmine / Pitake ( Jasminum Sambac )
    Strawberry Tree ( Arbutus Unedo )
    Blackberry
    Wild Fennel
    Bee Balm/ Osewago Tea/ Bergamot
    Cinnamon Basil
    Rosemary
    Mint
    Aloe
    Rose
    Thai Basil
    Lime
    I WILL HAVE SOON:
    another cactus fruit that is yellow fleshed, has small seeds like pitaya, yellow flesh and no spires;
    an unusual Mullberry that is long but is Persian -not the Pakistan variety
    Origanum Vulgare
    Chamomile
    Dandelion

POSSIBLY WILL HAVE SOON, or will get eventually:
    Citrus Bergamia
    Rooibos

Please email me direct by clicking my idea, I don't check this site regularly

Best wishes,
    ~Diana West LA 90025 / Santa Monica border California

• luvdaytimeactivities
    13 years ago

sorry Rudy that was a typo, I meant to write your name :)

• luvdaytimeactivities
    13 years ago

forgot one: also have Australian brush cherry ( Syzygium paniculatum )

• themomjl
    13 years ago

I am new to this. Doing seed and plant exchanges. I would love to talk to others who live in this general area to discuss things like gophers, rabbits, protecting your garden from these pests; dealing with rattlesnakes in the garden area, etc. Our soil has lots of clay in it and the process for soil enchancement. We have over 40 acres and I would love to do a major garden but I am planning to start really small. =)

• WinnUSMC
    13 years ago

I'm new to this website & new gardener here in San Diego. I'd like to find locals to swap seeds/plants/garden items with. I have sprouts growing (yea!) of several veggies & mixed flowers. Nothing too fancy (I'm a newbie, I want to be encouraged by my efforts). But I can already see that I will have several veggies to offer. Even swapping plants for excess pots or soil would be very helpful for me.
    I've planted:
    Lettuce* &I'm pretty sure every seed sprouted!
    Tomatos* I mixed the types...I wish I hadn't done that..rookie mistake, made several times
    Peppers, mixed bell & hot
    cucumbers*
    okra*
    carrots*--shorts & longs (I did seperate these..lucky)
    onions
    cilantro
    lincoln peas*
    brussell sprouts*
    cantelope
    pumpkin*
    watermelon
    gourds
    butterfly weed
    lavender
    mixed floral *
    rosemary*
    mixed sunflower*
    * indicates currently sprouted.
    I don't believe any of these are just yet ready for transplant, they're still pretty tiny. But I'd love to trade my excess, like I said for your excess soil, containers or sprouts/plants that I do not have.
    Also I have seeds for almost all of the above plants listed.
    I live in the 92124 zipcode area.

• BongMaster
    12 years ago

Glendale here. I only do rare or unusual. Anyone need a 5lb amorphophallus Konjac bulb? Specialize in euphorbia's, caudex, fat trees, othonna, ipomoea, pelargonium-rare only, also have a brugmansia sanguinea for trade. A few rare cacti etc.

• elportoed
    12 years ago

I'm new to the site, but I have long been enjoying gardening. I' m in the southbay area, around LAX. I am currently looking for fig cuttings of various varieties, and also lime, lemon, calamondin, kiffir lime cutting or small plants.

I have a few pomegranite and lo quat seedlings (they are about a year old) for the exchange.

• lysa39
    11 years ago

iam in Quartz hill the high desert in la county

• tylorgv
    11 years ago

fullerton here, just joined. would like to trade/sell plants. i have numerous types.

• iluvpinkerton
    11 years ago

I'm in Eagle Rock. Just getting started with gardening and I need to landscape the yards around my new house. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• TricianKilo
    10 years ago

My name is Tricia and I am in Temecula, CA.
    I am interested in trading succulents and cacti for other indoor and outdoor plants. I have lots of ice plants, aloes, various types and sizes. Aeonium especially, clippings and rooted, available now for trade.
    I am really interested to see if anyone else is trying to replace their grass with sedum sod. I am in the process and have seen success so far. I am looking for green ground cover, non flowering, full sun.
    I am starting a Staghorn collection and airplants too. Let's trade or exchange advice on any of the above mentioned topics.

• StangHer
    10 years ago

I am located in San Diego near Montgomery Field.
    We have a great compost pile with wonder worms that are great for fishing among other things. We have great dirt as we've been turning it with our compost and manure for the last twenty or so years. Don't have much to trade except compost and dirt right now. But will have tomatoes and other vegies on a later date.

• vishprasad06
    9 years ago

I am from burbank but stay in riverside. If anyone wants to ever trade any plants, especially fragrant ones, I am the go to guy. :)

• Kimberwithluv
    9 years ago

Hi there! I live in Northridge and am looking for a produce swap. If anyone knows of a weekly or monthly swap in the san fernando valley I would love to have more information. Thanks!

• joe92019
    9 years ago

Greetings fellow members,

I'm Joe and I'm new here. I live in El Cajon (South East San Diego). Can anyone tell me what zone that is?

My family recently moved from an apartment to a house and I'm in the process of planting fruit trees for my little kids. So far I have planted pomegranate, loquat, and fig trees. I'm looking for any easy to grow fruit trees that can be fun for my kids. I've love to get lemon, kumquat, avocado, wax jimbu, clementines, bloody orange, persimmons, mulberry, etc...

I also have a large ugly slope in the back of the house that I'd love to fill with cacti and succulents :)

Would love to meet some of you. Feel free to contact me by email.

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD EVER!!!! Thank you contributors!

Joe
    JTALLO "AT GMAIL DOT COM"

This post was edited by Joe92019 on Tue, Nov 25, 14 at 15:04

• richzone9b
    9 years ago

Long Beach here 9b (coast) - moved into a house with pretty big yard and practically LIVE in the garden. Grow most of my plants from seed or other propagation. I like ornamentals and tropical - if it blooms - I grow it or want it! Don't believe in "thinning out' seedlings so I have a small nursery. Very interested in trading. If you have Yellow or White Epidendrums (reed stem or secundum) I'll trade you anything in my yard ;) getting my list up soon......

• LeeBeesGarden
    9 years ago

So funny...I am the one who started this thread back in 2004 (and we shortly thereafter moved to Colorado). We moved back to So Cal last September, and just now moved into a home on a huge horse ranch in San Timoteo Canyon. Our yard is a blank slate (except for having mature pepper and birch trees)...no grass, so I am on the lookout for anything drought tolerant and rabbit proof. I don't have a lot to trade at this point, as I am starting all over, but I do have some seeds and can get my hands on some great succulents (as my mom and dad's succulent garden is always in need of trimming). And if anyone is in Redlands or thereabouts, let's see about having some get togethers to do some trading!

• Rebecca Sue Robb
    9 years ago

Grand Terrace, CA 92313, here inbetween RIverside and San Bernardino and very close to Redlands. Zone 9b-18. Willing to trade!

• Sow_what? Southern California Inland
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Rebecca and LeesBees, Humpty Dumpty House in Loma Linda is always interested in trades. Here's our website, and we greatly appreciate page "likes":

https://www.facebook.com/HumptyDumptyHouse

• rosydreams SoCal (10a Sunset 19 HeatZone 8)
    9 years ago

Wow, this thread just keeps going! :D

Okay, since it's active again... I'm in the west San Fernando Valley, between Calabasas and Woodland Hills. I grow lots of roses, some antiques and flowering plants, but my new obsession is succulents. I also love varigated plants, Euphorbias, salvias and penstemons. I would love to have a plant trade around here. Anyone know if there is a SFV plant trade fb page?

• house_first_timer
    8 years ago

Hello, I'm in north of Glendale and would like to trade plants/cuttings with someone in the area. I have succulents, herbs and other perennials. Exchange of ideas and knowledge will be great too.

• pedroliberty
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Rialto, san bernardino county. Have san pedro cactus to trade. Lots of it. Looking for other cactus or small palms. (Don't have a truck, so car-ride size palms. ) ;) peruvian torch or santa rita cacti maybe? Maybe some wild dagga or kanna? Just the ones on my mind right now.

• Diyfreddy
    6 years ago

Can this thread come back to life again? I have foxtail agave( large mature and many pups), large plumeria cuttings and a few assorted succulents I can trade for flowering perennials and bushes, fruit trees etc. San Gabriel Valley.

• snuffles CA
    6 years ago

Hi Diyfreddy, what colors are your plumeria?

• snuffles CA
    6 years ago

Hi lyzzy, what colors are your Irises and what type of Agaves? Maybe we can trade. I'm near you.

• snuffles CA
    6 years ago

BongMaster, do you still have the amorphophallus Konjac plant? My most unusal plant would be the Pitcher Plant.