Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Tropical for Tropicals

Posted by epiphyte78 9 - Glendale (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 1, 07 at 2:29

Looking to expand my modest collection of tropical plants. What I have to offer are...

numerous types of Epiphyllum cuttings
several types of Rhipsalis cuttings
Cavendish Banana (dwarf type)
Apple Banana
Unknown Heliconia
Hedychium (tall yellow fragrant spike)
Crinum Asiaticum (dark maroon type)
regular white Crinum
Unknown Hymenocallis
Ficus rubiginosa (Rusty Leaf Fig)
Ficus macrophylla Moreton Bay Fig
Ficus thonningii.

Only interested in local exchanges (Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Los Angeles, etc). What I'm particularly interested in are...

Plumerias
Australian tree ferns
Ficus benghalensis
Orchids

I'm willing to give away a few cuttings/plants on the condition being that I can ask you for a cutting/division of the plant I gave you should my plant happen to die down the road.

On a side note, one of my hobbies is mounting epiphytic orchids on trees. If you live in the area I'll give you free consultation and instruction on how to select and mount hardy epiphytic orchids on your tree trunks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from California are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here