Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redblossom40

Tulips in barrel

redblossom40
19 years ago

{{gwi:500969}}
My DH's favorite tulips. He loves the bright red and even has started buying them . I think I'm going to make a gardener out of him yet.

Tamara

Comments (10)

• shesalittlebear
    19 years ago

Wow--they are just too beautiful for words. Will they grow in Sacramento (Roseville)?

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    19 years ago

They should, I live at the 3000' level. I know Roseville can get just as cold there. Anyways I guess this are easy Tulips. This is their second year in the barrel and I never remove them, thou I might have to soon because they are getting alittle crowded. Anyways DH says thanks, he's proud of himself.

Tamara

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    19 years ago

Those are such lovely tulips! Mine never return so I just admire from afar. :-)

• shesalittlebear
    19 years ago

Hmm. What variety are they? My husband works in Auburn and many of his co-workers that live in that area also have had a lot of success. Maybe this year, I will be brave and give them a try.

• angelcub
    19 years ago

Tamara, those tulips are gorgeous!!! And I like them in the barrel. It looks country/cottagey, my kind of garden style. : - ) Our pals over on the cottage forum would love to see this pic. I think you better go post it over there, too.

I'd like to know the variety, as well. Care to share?

Diana

• youreit
    19 years ago

Oh, Tamara, those are so vibrant! I love the variegated foliage! Thanks for sharing! :)

Brenda

• soggy6
    19 years ago

Tamara,

Beautiful tulips. I wish my DH would like some (any!) plant, I was so excited the other day when I caught him watching Landscapers Challenge!

Did you make it to Annie's? I think you were going sometime around now.

I bought one of the Acacia Floribunda's from Front Yard, can't wait til it's as big as it's mama! That tree is awesome. Also picked up 3 silver dollar eucalyptus trees and a really cool dwarf weeping yew. Its' going to go in around our pool which was completed today!

Soggy6

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Wow, sounds like you had fun shopping, Haven't been to Front Yard in awhile. It' almost getting to late for me to be
    planting in my area. Ground dry up fast. Anyways did make it to Annie's, spend about 3hours there and close to 3 hundred dollars. Darn plant additi (?) Bought for my sister today, been helping her with redoing her backyard.
    Tomorrow will be spending the day plants and installing a drip system.
    If you ever get the time try to make it to Annie's and of course Morning Sun
    Tamara

• jenn
    19 years ago

Oh my, those are beautiful.

What's growing (or going to grow) on the trellis?

Jen

• redblossom40
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Jen, I have a grape planted in the middle. Not such what type it is. I've had it in the barrel for a couple of years. Will be getting grapes this year on it and then I'll know.

Tamara