Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
todancewithwolves

Plants that have a mind of their own

todancewithwolves
19 years ago

This little guy came from nowhere and grew from a crack in the driveway . . .I think I can . . .I think I can. . .I think I can . . . .

{{gwi:501235}}

Something is missing

{{gwi:501238}}

Comments (10)

• RSimon
    19 years ago

Ha Ha When I first looked, only the orchid pic showed up.. and I thought WOW...Orchids grow in the sidewalk cracks there?? Sounds like a cool place to live :).

• youreit
    19 years ago

Heheh....love those pics (and plants with minds of their own, too)!

During one of our "plant trades", my mom gave me a flowering kale, since she just loved the heck out of one she had. It did well for me while it stayed cool, then when a short heatwave hit, I thought it was dying. Before I knew it (and after the next rains), it was living up to its name flowering kale! A little bit of sunshine on a cloudy day. :) {{gwi:501240}}

(Hope the pic loads! I'm trying out the Yahoo Photos thing.)

Brenda

• jenn
    19 years ago

Brenda, can't see the pic. I'd love to see it.

Amazing how that plant hangs on at the edge of the driveway.... and that no one has run over it yet.

• youreit
    19 years ago

Oops, sorry about that! I did a little photo album editing. :) I thought the kale was dead again, but after a little watering, she's ready for a second round of bloom!
    {{gwi:501242}}

Brenda

• angelcub
    19 years ago

Edna, that's one crazy sunflower. How nice to have it smiling at you as you pull into the drive. : - )

Diana

• todancewithwolves
    Original Author
    19 years ago

HD ran it over ;-(

I cried . . . .

• angelcub
    19 years ago

Oh, NOOOOO!!!!! What's wrong with HIM!!! J/K ; - )

Here's my squash that wouldn't die. Want him? LOL!
    {{gwi:501244}}

Bear hugs, Diana

• youreit
    19 years ago

Ok, I give up on the kale pic. I'll post a link to my "Garden Related" album at Yahoo. :D

That squash looks almost dangerous, Diana! LOL

A moment of silence for the sunflower..........................................

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Some do have a mind of their own

• todancewithwolves
    Original Author
    19 years ago

youreit - I didn't see the kale ;-( but I loved that little hummer, what a doll! Thank you for the moment of silence for the sunflower (((ROTF)))

Diana - I thought that was a hollyhock at first, I thought wow no rust, lucky gal.

Edna

• angelcub
    19 years ago

Edna, I thought it was, too, but the leaves look different from my other hollyhocks. And that's where a crook neck squash was growing last summer. Still, there was a hollyhock growing in that bed close by. Maybe a cross? Whoa, what a sight that would be! LOL!

Yes, a moment of silence for the dearly departed sunflower . . . . OK, now go plant some more. : - )

Diana