Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davissue_zone9

Texas garden touring v acation pics!

davissue_zone9
18 years ago

Spent a week in Texas touring gardens. I was surprised to see that they have the same problems that I cope with, heat, cold and alkalinity. Here's a few representative pictures of what I saw.

Elephant ears at the Dallas arboretum. Everything grows bigger in Texas! BTW the arboretum is less than a half hour from Love Airfield if you ever fly into Texas on Southwest Airlines, and need to kill time on a long overlay. It's a spectacular place, almost as nice as Longwood Gardens.

{{gwi:502489}}

Hard to believe this is in Texas! Another gem at the Dallas Arboretum

{{gwi:502491}}

One of the nicest Japanese gardens I've ever seen, at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

{{gwi:502493}}

A demonstration garden consisting of natives and climate adapted plants at a nursery on the outskirts of Austin.

{{gwi:502495}}

The state capitol. Everything from the floor to the door hinges and knobs are embellished with a picture of the state, the word "Texas" or the five pointed star of Texas. I was surprised they didn't have any security, but since one in ten Texans carries a concealed weapon, I guess they just don't want to know ;)

{{gwi:502497}}

A proud Texan showing off that they really do things bigger in Texas! (Those are giant windchimes he is standing under)

{{gwi:502499}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner