Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese Cabbage

Posted by tim45z10 sdca (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 12 at 19:15

The picture on the label looks like the cabbage forms into a head. Can I pick and eat before the head appears? Thank You for your help
Tim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese Cabbage

Since no one else has answered, I am no expert, but I think the inner leaves are the best (the head).

o
RE: Chinese Cabbage

the headed chinese cabbage is usually grown for the head as it can be stored for over the winter. you can, however, eat the outer leaves, and if you like the outer leaves more than the headed leaves, consider the loose leaf chinese cabbage instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here