Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmerkevin

Finally getting rain here in 92508

farmerkevin
10 years ago

I know it's not a lot or enough to really matter, but it is something. My plants should be happy for the time being. Hopefully this little bit helps hold the trees off until a heavier rain occurs.

Is it raining where you're at?

Comments (13)

• socks
    10 years ago

Not yet, but maybe later today. Even if it just sprinkles, it helps plants survive with less water from the hose. A little moisture is better than the 80 degree temps. I'm looking forward to any moisture we get.

• paleogardener
    10 years ago

Just a spritz here in 92562. The "heavy" stuff is forecast for late afternoon/evening.
    I'll take all I can get! Shoot even high humidity would be good at this point... :)

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    10 years ago

It rained last night in 92544. 70% chance today and tonight. Just enough to get those weed seeds happy!

Suzi

• vedabeeps
    10 years ago

Morning sprinkles in 92506, looking forward to rain tonight (fingers are crossed!) I'll be gathering buckets and containers to catch what I can for the porch plants.

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    10 years ago

This weekend from 4 to 6 inches is predicted for us, and I know none will run off my six acres of woodland which is just like a sponge. Al

• farmerkevin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was good while it lasted. Checked my water totes and barrels and barely a measurable amount in there. Better than nothing. The trees and garden should be happier :)

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Not even measurable here in 92058,N.San Diego city.
    Kathi

• paleogardener
    10 years ago

More than I expected fell last night. Everything looks happy & dripping wet. This time there is no strong offshore flow forecast to dessiccate(?) everything immediately after the rain.

• napapen
    10 years ago

It is raining very well at 94558, in fact my rain barrels are finally full and I have buckets and containers out. It is soaking in well.

Happy Rain!!!

• chachacharlie
    10 years ago

It rained yesterday here in 90402. There were times it was pretty heavy, but it was mostly soft rain.

• raksha
    10 years ago

Well, we can't complain about lack of rain this weekend anyway--it just started again in San Bernardino where I live. I'm posting this because I'm not too good at translating ZIP codes into climate zones, and I could also use some help figuring out which zone I'm in here in 92405. Based on what others have posted, I believe it's USDA 9B, Sunset zone 19, but I'm not really sure. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    10 years ago

Our pool is almost to overflow. We got 3+ inches of rain, and it's still falling Sunday morning. I think it's because the clouds hit the big mountains around this area, and dump on us.

raksha, go to the link below, type in your zip code. Then zoom close to recognizable streets, and you can get your exact zone. With so many micro-climates it's easy to pinpoint with the link!

Suzi

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA Plant Hardiness Interactive Map

• farmerkevin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's one of my rain totes. This is before I opened the valve to the other tote to equalize the level. Both are currently at about 250+.

Should be enough to get through the worst part of summer and until the next rainy season :)