Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We have another frost 2 20 13

Posted by tropical_thought San Francisco (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 9:17

I was hoping this was over. I have a delicate fern I am trying to protect. I used a heated rock to help it. I don't want things to go dormant. First we have like 70 and things start to grow, then cold comes and messes them up. San Francisco is difficult. If it is not cold enough things don't go dormant and then they can be hurt by cold.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We have another frost 2 20 13

I AM SO SICK OF DRAGGING OUT THESE FROST PROTECTION SHEETS!

And after 3 weeks of frost in January, I had JUST washed them and put them away. I don't think I have EVER had to worry about frost as much as this year!

Arrrg!

Carla in Sac

o

It was just two bad nights really, and I did use cover up. Now it seems ok, here in San Francisco. I got tulips coming up.

o

Its spring now..the Feb cold was near frost causing in Hayward..but no,there was none. Mid 60's sunny,longer days,and baseball (spring training) on the radio.
Heck the birds have returned to my Yucca guatamalensis for nesting. I should write a song about that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here