Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyray_gw

Los Altos Area: I'll be your garden helper if you be my mentor!

kellyray
13 years ago

Hi folks,

I recently moved to Los Altos (from the East Coast) and currently find myself unemployed. While I hope that changes soon, it means that for the moment I have time on my hands! I was wondering if any experienced gardeners in the Los Altos area might appreciate a helping hand in the garden over the next few months. In exchange, I'd like to learn a bit about what it takes to have a successful garden in this area. I've promised my daughter that we'd work on a garden together this year, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable in this department.

Anyhow, if this sounds of interest to anyone, please let me know! Since I'm without a job, by schedule is pretty flexible. Just let me know what works for you!

-Kelly

P.S. Not sure if this is relevant, but here are my goals: we're renting our current place for the next 1.5 years, so my goals are more in the short-term rather than the long-term. I have several containers that I'd like to fill with herbs and/or pretty plans to dress up the house a little bit. I have a directly-southward-facing side of the house that seems to get a lot of sun; I thought of trying to get some veggies and flowers for cutting in there (we picked up some seeds at the hardware store...my daughter has her heart set on some sunflowers, zinnias, watermelon; I thought I would try to start some tomatoes and basil and lavender inside and move them outside when the weather improves..)

Comments (5)