Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Down to two!

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Only two pots in my pot ghetto: one silver dichondra and one pink and white dianthus that smells like they used to when I was a child, of cloves and vanilla. I feel like a kid who has put away all of their toys without being told to. Virtuous.

Now, if I can only stay out of the nurseries this spring...

Renee

Comments (8)

• onederw
    12 years ago

Like that's really gonna happen for any of us! Enjoy your virtue while it lasts!

Kay

• peachymomo
    12 years ago

Congratulations! It must feel wonderful to look at the area where all the pots used to be and know that the plants are happily in the ground.

I put a dent in my pot ghetto but still have a long way to go... I got my fruit trees planted and the new planter my bf built for me is all full of flowers and looking good, but my potted roses are still waiting for their new bed to be prepared and I have some salvias waiting alongside them. I'm determined to get them all in the ground before March though, it's not gonna be easy but I think I can do it!

Just to make it a little more challenging, do you know the name of the Dianthus that smells like cloves? I've been working on a 'clove scented' collection and I would love to get some :o)

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No name on it, peachymomo. It's a double flower, white with deep pinky-red colors at the center.
    Renee

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Egads, Renee. I am SO jealous! I'm putting in about 12 things today. I'm afraif to count what's still in pots :-(

Patty S.

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    12 years ago

my first thought was two HOSES, renee, but that would be making gardening way too easy for you.
    secondly i thought GOPHERS- could you be so lucky to have only two?

then i read your post; of course! you are all cleared out for the new additions. you can't fool us fellow addicted gardeners- we know all too well about good intentions but enjoy it now. i want to see a photo of that area in late summer! have fun- i think spring is here! min

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    12 years ago

peachymomo it probably is Dianthus plumarius 'Cottage Pink' an old favorite usually just called 'Pinks'. It could also be Dianthus caryophyllus 'Clove Pink'. You would be happy with either one. Al

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Naysayers! I intend to remain virtuous until my mom stops by with some cute little perennial that she can't find a place for in her garden.

Min, I got a new hose for Christmas. Moss green. At least it's not ugly aqua like the old one, so when I leave it laying out in knots and trip over it I can lay there and admire how well it blends into the landscape.

Peachy, here's the color of the dianthus Al identified. I have others, but none smell as good as this one. Be sure to sniff before you buy.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Clove dianthus

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

It's really only one, because the silver Dichondra belongs in a pot anyway, so that one doesn't count.

So now you have space for another. ;)