Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

A visit to Fullerton Arboretum

kittymoonbeam
10 years ago

These are the pictures that are not focused on the rose garden. I am posting Fullerton Arboretum's rose garden's progress in the rose forum.

It was a beautiful day with a blue sky and I thought I would go before the rain comes to look around. There was a beautiful tree in bloom. I don't know what the name is.

Comments (19)

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

closer view

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

loropetalum or red fringe flower

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

for some little gardens it was the end of the season with nothing going on

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

others were still going strong with plants and personality

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I guess it's not too early for butterflies. This one was glad there were blooms

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I almost mistook this turtle for a rock. Eventally he put out his head when he knew I wasn't going to bother him. He was very close by where I sat down. The other little turtles on the bank in the sun all jumped in the water when they saw me.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

speaking of rocks, the kids get this neat table in the childrens garden

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And they get this table with haybale seating as well

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Adults get the bleachers under the big tree. I'd prefer the haybales

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Many fruit trees were still asleep but the oranges were having a good season

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Orange blossoms are beginning to open now. The area around the Victorian house smells wonderful

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dr. Clark's Victorian House. There are tours of the inside so check if it will be open when you come to visit. If you come during the Green Scene plant days in April, there are always people in costume and the house is open then.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These bulbs have done well

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And this natural shady area was blooming too

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A tree's flowers sprinkled the paths and looked like hail.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Camellias are blooming and looked perfect before the rain

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are hard at work digging and installing new energy saving led lights all through the gardens but most spaces and paths were open

It's a wonderful, peaceful garden to visit and is right off the 57 fwy at Yorba Linda Blvd. at CSUF

• jenn
    10 years ago

We attend the Green Scene event every year. Thank you for the beautiful photos and inspiration.

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

Thank you for sharing your visit! I love the rock table and stunning tulips. I had to laugh about the flowers on the ground because I take photos like that, too, as well as leaving some flower petals on the table where they fall from bouquets.

The pink-flowering tree is most likely Tabebuia impetiginosa (Pink Trumpet Tree). Here is a photo of mine; not quite so grand yet, but I grew it up from a tiny 5-gal. It was in a large pot until a couple of years ago--one of the most pot culture tolerant trees I have found. The flowering period lasts for several months, at least. The related yellow trumpet tree, while stunning, has a much shorter bloom period.