Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A visit to Fullerton Arboretum

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 21:55

These are the pictures that are not focused on the rose garden. I am posting Fullerton Arboretum's rose garden's progress in the rose forum.

It was a beautiful day with a blue sky and I thought I would go before the rain comes to look around. There was a beautiful tree in bloom. I don't know what the name is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A visit to Fullerton Arboretum

closer view

o

loropetalum or red fringe flower

o

for some little gardens it was the end of the season with nothing going on

o

others were still going strong with plants and personality

o

I guess it's not too early for butterflies. This one was glad there were blooms

o

I almost mistook this turtle for a rock. Eventally he put out his head when he knew I wasn't going to bother him. He was very close by where I sat down. The other little turtles on the bank in the sun all jumped in the water when they saw me.

o

speaking of rocks, the kids get this neat table in the childrens garden

o

And they get this table with haybale seating as well

o

Adults get the bleachers under the big tree. I'd prefer the haybales

o

Many fruit trees were still asleep but the oranges were having a good season

o

Orange blossoms are beginning to open now. The area around the Victorian house smells wonderful

o

Dr. Clark's Victorian House. There are tours of the inside so check if it will be open when you come to visit. If you come during the Green Scene plant days in April, there are always people in costume and the house is open then.

o

These bulbs have done well

o

And this natural shady area was blooming too

o

A tree's flowers sprinkled the paths and looked like hail.

o

Camellias are blooming and looked perfect before the rain

o

They are hard at work digging and installing new energy saving led lights all through the gardens but most spaces and paths were open

It's a wonderful, peaceful garden to visit and is right off the 57 fwy at Yorba Linda Blvd. at CSUF

o

• Posted by jenn SoCal 9/19 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 10:27

We attend the Green Scene event every year. Thank you for the beautiful photos and inspiration.

o

Thank you for sharing your visit! I love the rock table and stunning tulips. I had to laugh about the flowers on the ground because I take photos like that, too, as well as leaving some flower petals on the table where they fall from bouquets.

The pink-flowering tree is most likely Tabebuia impetiginosa (Pink Trumpet Tree). Here is a photo of mine; not quite so grand yet, but I grew it up from a tiny 5-gal. It was in a large pot until a couple of years ago--one of the most pot culture tolerant trees I have found. The flowering period lasts for several months, at least. The related yellow trumpet tree, while stunning, has a much shorter bloom period.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here