Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drenchedgremlin

Want to build a tropical, humid hot house

drenchedgremlin
14 years ago

I Live in northern california near sacramento and it gets very hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. I just thought of a great idea to build a great greenhouse/hot house in my backyard. i have an empty sideyard that woud be a great place for a tropical hothouse. In the house i would have vines, palm trees, orchids, bramiliads, and any type of tropical rainforest plant. it would bhave misters that go off every so often to keep the house humid as well as a special heater to keep it heated to the correct temp. In the summer when it can easily get 100 degrees, i would have special window vents i could open so the breeze could blow through and fans to pump out the hot air.

I was hoping i coul have the sides of the house made out of wood, and the top made out of that fiberglss wavy sheet material.i want a secure place to go to get away from my parents when i have a hard time (my family and i dont get along very well) and will feel very safe if the sides are closed

. Im just not sure if i did that that enough light could get in.

I think it would be great because i could have it heated to the correct temp and humid. then i could raise exotic rainforest plants. I could also have exotic butterflys, frogs, and a pond with tropical fish in it! I hve been keeping plants and fish since i was little and i think i would love to have my own rainforest to get away from all the stress i have in my life.

I would like to build the house about 6 feet wide and 15 feet long

Comments (4)