Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wcgypsy_gw

What it looks like here

wcgypsy
12 years ago

Okay, a few pics of what it looks like here...

{{gwi:518183}}

{{gwi:518185}}

{{gwi:518187}}

Comments (14)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

Your "here" is very pretty! :)

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you...my 'here' is very messy. I can't do neat and tidy...lol..

• anotherlinda
    12 years ago

So lovely! Beautiful setting for an afternoon in the sun with a good book. I would love to just wander around your garden with a glass of merlot!

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And a shovel, trowel and clippers....no just wandering and sipping here...lol..anyone here longer than 5 minutes gets put to work.....

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh. It just goes on and on! Enchanting. I love all of those beautiful trees, and the dappled sunlight.

I have become a big fan of pelargoniums. Yours are incredible- most of mine have not even started blooming. I can't believe how big they are! Why don't yours get all rangy like mine do? Do you trim them back?
    Renee

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol...no,mine are not blooming yet if you're talking about those lavender ones. They're just starting. That's a pic from this last year. This particular one gets huge and right now it's looking rangy because I didn't lop it back enough. Now that I think about it, all of my other geraniums except that lavender have been blooming since November..
    I love this one for its vigor and color, unidentified, came to me as a cutting some years ago, think it's one of the scenteds..
    {{gwi:518188}}
    {{gwi:518189}}

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    12 years ago

So many gardens look like entertainment areas with a little garden for accent. Yours looks like a garden for those who like to garden! I appreciate the flow of all your plantings into a big tapestry of color. Al

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Al. It's a collector's garden, I'm afraid, not a landscaper's...you know how that goes. You bring it home and then ask "Where can I put it?" The only requirements here are that it has to be rabbit-proof, drought tolerant and tough. Everything that the gophers like gets planted in wire....and though gardening has been the love of my life, it's getting harder to keep up with and the water costs get higher and higher, so some areas will be let go and those that are kept are going more into natives. I grow alot of salvias, so I'm growing more and more of the native salvias. We've been here long enough now to let it start to revert and I now finally have toyon and rhus seedlings popping up.

• onederw
    12 years ago

Absolutely lovely, wcgypsy. Nature is often the best designer. Mostly all she needs is a little help -- and your garden looks natural, but loved.

Above all, don't apologize for being a plant collector. A landscaper's garden that's "done" as soon as it's finished leaves no room, or at least not enough room, for the serendipities that keep us all going back to the nursery to see what's new.

Kay

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. I appreciate that. It's what I like, but I realize that it's not to everyone's taste...lol...

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Thanks for sharing, gypsy! Your garden reminds me a lot of mine - a little overgrown, but that's what makes it so lovely! Your Pride of Madeira is so pretty! Mine in my front yard is just getting ready to bloom. It is huge, and I just love it. So do the hummers. I like my yard as "controlled chaos" and just a wee bit overgrown. I always have too much planted, but I like it that way. And your pelargoniums are wonderful! I have several that just keep on going with little to no water, they are so underrating I think.

Patty S.

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh no....don't forget...we've seen your garden...lol..not overgrown and not one thing out of place or not neatly tended. Mine is not slightly overgrown,it's wild.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Wild is good. I like wild gardens and unruly women.
    Renee

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Renee, are we related?...lol..