Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

For Angie - Sir Prize Availability in Inland Empire

Angie, tried to email you, but your email address came back bounced as "unknown". So, I started a new message thread for you to tell you what I tried to tell you vial an email.

A few of things that might help you out, if you're new to GardenWeb:

First, I would take down your email address. Spammers routinely collect this sort of publicly displayed email, so you probably don't want this to show but instead, allow GardenWeb users to be able to contact you through GardenWeb. You can do this in your Profile.

Second thing, you need to create a brand new message about your request (which I did with this thread). You tacked on your message to an existing thread (Anyone Know Where to Find a Holiday Avocado?") No one will see your message, and you don't have the option to check off the Notification box, to be notified by email when someone responds to your message. You're essentially "hijacking" an existing thread and taking it over, which is not what you want :-) You want your own, new message thread.

Lastly, in answer to your question, I would try contacting Brokaw Nursery in Saticoy. They grow Sir Prize and they can tell you want nurseries in your local area may have purchased Sir Prize from them for retail sale. Their web site is: http://www.brokawnursery.com/. I have a Sir Prize and it is very happy in my yard. Just planted it about 3 months ago, and has made it through 3 freezes (just overnight freezes) down here in Vista. It is covered with blossoms right now, so hopefully I'll have some nice avos in a few months.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brokaw Nursery