Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winters over...Sprummer has begun..

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 14, 10 at 13:30

With near 70 as far as the eye can see in the forecasts and Home Depot selling tomato plants in near gallon sized pots- ripe T-matos by May?..plus time change...well,I declare winter over.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winters over...Sprummer has begun..

I am loving the weather. My muscari are starting to show their color, my sunflowers are just popping out of the ground, my tulips are ready to bloom, and my mixed seedlings are just starting to emerge. I'm just hoping we are done with the frost.

o

My muscari been blooming for couple weeks here and freesias started opening last week.
Just had frost yesterday and with 70-80's this week hopefully frost is done here also. Although the only thing I have that frost damages is Lantana and it hasn't started greening up yet. Some Crape Myrtles are showing spring growth but not russian sage yet.
Some salvia greggi and hotlips are blooming also.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 14, 10 at 18:55

First clematis bloom yesterday, a little early. Now I look forward to June Gloom, my favorite time of year. Spummer is not a bummer.

o

I'm not loving it. It's making me have to water and water and water. I loved the winter we had.

o

Gardeners are born optimists. Think of all the people who are buying those tomato plants this week that will buy them again in about two weeks! Al

o

I fertilized for the first time this year. The temperate and tropical plants are both stirring or more. Get rid of those winter yellow-greens on Hibiscus. I hate that color and all that it represents-COLD!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here