Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And Cistus Skanbergii

Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 15:56

Another favorite cistus. These guys are just so tough and take so very little water and the scent!...
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And Cistus Skanbergii

This is so lovely, gypsy! I have several cistus in my yard, and they are real troopers.

Patty S.

o

• Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 19:02

Patty, there are some cistus that I don't have...I sure don't know why, 'cause I need them all....lol..

o

I just bought three of these!!! I love the look; the only other cistus I have right now is a Cistus ladanifer, which has been a fav.

o

Have you met Mickie? Gorgeous in bloom and out.

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: Cistus Mickie

o

When I first acquired c. skanbergii, it was mis-labeled as c. 'Sunset' and the info told me it would grow to 2-3 ft. Info for c. skanbergii still says growth to 2-3', but mine grow to about 5' x 5". I love all of the cistus...don't stop with just one....lol..spent today taking cuttings of c. 'Frank Birch' which is supposed to grow to about 8' tall. If I'm to go by what was said about c. skanbergii, I expect Frank to grow taller. Cistus are hard to beat for their drought tolerance, toughness, beauty and scent....

o

onederw -- WHYYYY did you show me 'Mickie'??? Love it, love it!

I layered a bunch of drooping branches on my ladanifer today in hopes they will root, I would really like a few more of those too. I think I did have two, originally, but one kicked the bucket :-(

I feel like a fickle GWer here, I pop on the gardening chat in spring, when yardwork commences, and then again in late fall/early winter!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here