Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can we do a blog roll?

Posted by loribee2 CA 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 17:49

Or is that illegal?

I happen to love checking out other people's blogs, particularly those of Bay Area gardeners who make art or grow veggies from seeds and post pictures of what they've got going on as the year progresses.

Is it okay to do a blog roll? I'd love to add a few more blogs to my Google Reader if you don't mind sharing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can we do a blog roll?

I'm not in the Bay area but in So. Cal.

Luis

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog: It All Started with Tomatoes

o

Hey Luis! I was checking out your blog the other day. I really love your photography. Thanks for the link.

o

Here's mine focusing on home orchards, Japanese maples and tropical fruit trees.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening blog

o

Thank you for the compliment. I am a photographer first and a gardener second but it now feels like they are both tied for first. haha

Luis

o

Thanks for the link, Brett! Love the photos of that nectarine. What a beautiful tree!

o

• Posted by dgbeig SanFran -z10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 17:22

Thanks for starting this Loribee.
I love seeing others blogs, and I always want to share mine, but don't want to spam.

I hope you enjoy it.
Dana

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant It, Grow It, Eat It

o

Thanks, Dana! This is fun!

I put up the original post because I recently discovered Google Reader. It lets you add blogs to a list all in one spot and it will update me when something new is posted on any of them. If you've ever tried to keep up with multiple blogs, it's a HUGE time saver! If you haven't checked it out, give it a try.

Like you, I was afraid people would think I was spamming so I didn't post a link to mine, but will below. I don't advertise--and rarely say anything that would be news to anyone here, LOL--but still. My blog is mostly a journal I use to remind myself what I've planted, where, when and how well it worked. I also do arts and crafts projects, so I post my "lookitwhatIdid!" now and then.

But I love seeing what other people in the area are doing in their gardens, so I appreciate the links! Fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

I haven't posted in over a year, but I do plan on keeping it up to date beginning this May. There are a few entries alrezdy existing for you to enjoy :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Raiz Seca (Dry Roots)

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 18, 11 at 15:25

here is me

o

HI hoovb,

Great blog. I love all of the pictures, but especially the one that shows a larger area of your property. It truly looks like eden. Thanks.

-Brett

o

Does it count if I have not yet contributed?
I will be posting on the American Iris Society Blog, The World of Irises. It has just been started, but there are some interesting posts up already.

Here is a link that might be useful: The World of Irises

o

Yeah, a list of blogs!! I too have a garden blog. I live in Minnesota and blog about all types of gardening... indoor and outdoor; tropical, annuals, vegetables, houseplants, water gardening... you name it! My blog is called Get Busy Gardening! I also have a Facebook page if you want to check that out... https://www.facebook.com/GetBusyGardening

I can't wait to check out all of your blogs.

Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Get Busy Gardening!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 14:32

Thanks Brett for your kind comment!

o

Ooh, this is fun! Hoovb, I love your post about the all-juniper yard. And Amy, I envy you for your gorgeous fritillary.

Here is mine.

o

I just started my blog about 6 or 7 week ago. I'd love for more people to come and check it out. Particularly Californians.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Propaganda

o

Very nice blog! I like your title for it :-D Thanks for sharing the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: loribees garden blog

o

Nice blogs, y'all!

I'm writing from Oakland.

Here is a link that might be useful: How's Robb

o

Dana -- I can't get your blog to load. Could you write the address again?

o

• Posted by dgbeig SanFran -z10 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 25, 11 at 15:43

Thanks for looking...

http://www.plantitgrowitcookit.com/2011/05/nasturtium-pesto.html

o

Hayward hills checking in! What a great blogroll.

Here is a link that might be useful: And the Plot Thickens

o

For some reason I thought I had already added my blog here? Oh well, I'll add it now. :)

I'm up in Sacramento.

Here is a link that might be useful: Muddy Toes and Garbanzos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here