Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wcgypsy_gw

Snow?

wcgypsy
12 years ago

Snow? In Fallbrook? I guess we do have a dandy storm coming in, not only will we get that promised rain, but Fallbrook is in the middle of the news weather map for a possible dusting of snow. We had this at our place once about 25 years ago....I'm thinking that we'll definitely be seeing it in the hills around Temecula.

Comments (7)

• anotherlinda
    12 years ago

Whoa!! Time to batten down the hatches!

I'm looking forward to some weather, though, aren't you?

Tomorrow will be a good day to hunker down and watch basketball and maybe cook up a soup or stew.

Come on snow!

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Considering that I got nothing done today, I may as well do the same tomorrow. We get too few days here that allow us to be totally lazy. Meaning *we* as Southern Californians...weatherwise.

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Let us know if you get snow, gypsy. It's supposed to drop to 37 here in Vista, but where we are we may be a little lower since we're in the hills of Vista. Jeepers. What weird weather we're all having. My daughter in Rockville, MD is 20 degrees warmer than we were at our high today. Which was 56. Her high was 76! Good grief. She told me that the Washington DC cherry trees are blooming earlier than ever on record this year.

Patty S.

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lol...I'm seriously doubting that we'll get a dusting, though they mentioned the possiblity for Ramona. It was just a couple of years ago when I went to Temecula for something early in the a.m. and saw all the low lying hills on the way out to Anza dusted with snow and couldn't help myself..lol..I was drawn to it and found myself heading out toward Warner Springs. Partway out they actually had 'chains required' sign up, but there was nobody stopping anyone,so I just kept going and it was just beautiful. That pink / gold light shining off the snow on the mountains. I went back the next day and the next and it was still beautiful. Sunshine Summit is 3,000' and the snow's supposed to drop to 2,000', so perhaps. It's just a shame that it's a Sunday...too many people out. Still, I'll have to take a run out there tomorrow a.m...
    This is what it looked like from the top of our road last month,looking toward Palomar, when we got a light dusting out there...
    {{gwi:522938}}

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

We used to live up in Garner Valley, gypsy. Idyllwild got over a foot of snow, so Garner Valley probably got about 6 inches. I remember when we lived there, it snowed on the last day of school = June 22nd! You can get some very crazy weather up there.

Patty S.

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Love Idyllwild...we used go up and have breakfast rather often, but haven't lately. Same with Julian, but not on weekends. Ended up in Encinitas this a.m....needed some stuff from Whole Foods..then took a quick run over toward Temecula to see if there was any snow out toward Anza, but nada...oh well.

• wcgypsy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Snowing up there now. I went into town to stop at the library and there was a break in the cloud cover...snow was billiant white, but covering again by the time I could pull over to take a pic.
    {{gwi:522940}}
    {{gwi:522942}}

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner