Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Went to Roger's Gardens today...

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 22:29

My dad's girlfriend took me to Roger's Nursery today for a 50th birthday spending spree! (My dad came too.) What a gorgeous day it was. I got:

-those flat-faced bright green aeoniums
-a pelargonium with red and chartreuse maple-leaf shaped leaves and flaming orange blossoms
-six chartreuse bacopas
-one golden feverfew
-three orange electric asiatic lilies
-a Legend tomato, a Sungold, and a Stupice (I got a second Stupice for one of my favorite students- I know, teacher's pet- but he kept me after class for ten minutes Thursday telling me about his tomato seedlings, and the type of seedlings most of my students grow are not from the nightshade family)

Added bonus: when I got home, my mom had dropped off a lovely fern, and a friend called and said he has a truckload of rocks for me to pick up!

Some days are just perfect.

Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Went to Roger's Gardens today...

Sounds like a great day!

o

Roger's is always inspirational...hope to hit there and Plant Depot tomorrow. Two of my favorite places! Lucky you! Happy Birthday!

o

DH and I used to go there "back in the day"--before kids. I remember getting those wire baskets and lining them with moss and planting annuals all around. We sure had fun doing that, and Rogers is a really fun and beautiful place for gardeners.

Do I understand it properly--it's your birthday! Well you are having a good one! Best wishes. Have a good time with all those lovely plants.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 14, 10 at 18:45

Roger's is my favorite place. I go there all the time.

And Happy Birthday! :)

o

I used to go to the classes they hold at Roger's. Such a great place. Happy Birthday!

o

Thanks all. I'll post photos when I get the rocks and the plants in.

o

Where is Roger's Gardens? Sounds like a fun outing... And BTW bellcanyon - I like Treeland better than Sperling, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here