Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

I went nuts today taking photos

hosenemesis
14 years ago

If you get a few minutes and you don't have anything better to do, click the link to see some new photos of my garden.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: March 31 Garden photos

Comments (12)

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Looking awfully good!!

(I understand goat meat is delicious.)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago

What a treat to see such a beautiful garden. Made my day. Thank you!

Tho I am extremely jealous though of your Brug. Mine looks quite ratty, though mine is not irrigated, so perhaps I have an excuse. Do you give it fertilizer and water? It's perfect!

• pitch113
    14 years ago

Hi Renee-
    what a lovely garden you have. You have quite an eye for painting a beautiful picture with plants. As I mentioned in my avocado post, I'm volunteering on an island in California. I am new to the area and we've drawn up a list of plants to put in, as well as other designs and I was wondering if you might look them over and provide some ideas. Once again, great eye.
    Thanks,
    Hunter

• gobluedjm 9/18 CA
    14 years ago

WOW! Thanks for sharing Renee! I always enjoy your garden.
    Not sure which I love more the Brug or Sam.

• PRO
    Kaveh Maguire Garden Design
    14 years ago

You have a beautiful garden. I really love that outdoor sink and potting area too.

• Onion
    14 years ago

Holy cow, I would never leave the garden! It's gorgeous. And 28 toes on Fermi? He should be a rock climber!

Thanks for sharing!

BTW, what are the sticks(?) laying on the ground in the potager garden?
    ~Onion

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone, I feel renewed to go out and tackle the foot-tall weeds and bermuda grass in the front yard.

Onion, those are rose-cane pongee sticks to prevent Samuel E. Fermi from using the potager for his own purposes. With all of those toes, we think he should have been a catcher in the big leagues.

Hoovb, the Brug is in my magical corner. I can grow anything there, I even have a hellebore and an orchid in that corner. The spot gets sun in the winter and is lightly shaded in the summer. I water the plants there twice a week by hand, but the brugs droop for most of the summer anyway. It looks so good this year because it got very little frost damage.

Hunter, I am the LAST person on earth to give advice on overall garden design. I have ripped out every plant and path in my yard so many times that I now run the pvc irrigation above-ground. I heartily recommend posting all of your ideas here to get great feedback from people with real knowledge about California garden design and plant choices.

Irisgal- mmmmmm, birria tacos.

Renee

• wanda
    14 years ago

Everything looks awesome, Renee! That Brug of yours is really incredible.
    You garden looks so neat and well-tended. Wish mine was...

• yaslan
    14 years ago

Wow. I love your garden! It does indeed look fantastically magical! You are truly blessed!

Happy Gardening@!
    Bo

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    14 years ago

I wouldnt change a thing. The pond is great,a nice change from the usual. You dont many rustic style home ponds anymore.

• queerbychoice
    14 years ago

There's something about plants encroaching just above one's head, especially if they're blooming heavily, that really does wonders for a garden - and yours is chock full of such plants. How long have you been gardening in that location? Care to share some old photos from long-ago incarnations of the place?

• Min3 South S.F. Bay CA
    14 years ago

i wanted to sign in to picasa to 'like' ALL your photos, especially that gorgeous pond with the wooden bridge! but have lost my password. just to let you know they are very much scrutinized and appreciated. please show us more photos of your garden, and pets, as the seasons change- i for one am always happy to take your tours.
    cynthia