Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blue_can

Curling leaves on new pomegrante tree

blue_can
14 years ago

I wonder if anyone could help shed any light on this. IÂm not experienced at gardening so any help would be appreciated.

I planted a pomegranate tree about 2 weeks ago. I live in San Diego. The existing soil was reasonable as it had a giant birds of paradise which was removed. I dug out a 2Â diameter x 2Â deep hole and filled with topsoil (loam) mixed with some Miracle-gro (organic). I also installed a drip watering system consisting of 3 2GPH drippers.

Everything looked fine until today although I must admit I had not looked at it closely for a few days although I thought it looked okay on Sun as I was out in the yard building a block wall (part of the yard is undergoing remodeling). But tonight I went out to cut off a leaf off the birds of paradise next to the pomegranate tree as it had got blown into one of the uplights (halogen) Â I was concerned it might start burning.

I then noticed that the pomegranate tree almost all the leaves had curled  not by much but it seems like most of them had. They had curled down and even the branch tips looked a bit droopy.

We have been having odd weather this year with all the rain and so on. In the last few days we have had rain and the overnight temps has been in the low 40s at least. Today it was 85 with high winds.

IÂm not sure what the exact cause is  not enough water, temps, winds or some other issue like pH. I do have a pH meter but have not tested the new soil.

Any ideas?

Comments (7)