Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EarthGro Mulch

Posted by jenn 9/19 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 10:50

I bought a bag of EarthGro Mulch at OSH because it's texture came closest to what I was seeking: A mulch with very small bark pieces to mix with peat and compost for blueberries in a pot.

I'm using the leftover to mulch the garden. I like the texture a lot. Unfortunately, we can't find it now at our local OSH... perhaps they are just temporarily out of stock.

Does anyone use this and like it, or have you experienced any problems with it?

Can anyone recommend a better product I can buy in a few bags? We're planning a trip to Wolfinbarger for bulk mulch but don't know how soon we'll get down there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EarthGro Mulch

I checked OSH's website and they don't list it. I'll be shopping there this weekend, I'll let you know if I see it.
-Bill

o

• Posted by jenn 9/19 (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 15:17

Thanks, Bill. I just bought 1 bag about a month ago! My husband went looking for it this week and didn't see it. I will take a sample with me and try again tonight or tomorrow, and even ask the guy in back who hauls the bags to the car.

o

• Posted by jenn 9/19 (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 15, 11 at 22:36

Found it! OSH still has it -- the bags are in the loading dock but not in the outdoor garden center. We found the slip in the indoor mulch display, took it to the loading dock and was shown a big pallet.

o

That's great! =D

o

My local K-Mart carries it also.

o

• Posted by chadinlg zone 9%3B Sunset 15 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 18, 11 at 13:57

As does Home Despot...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here