Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
green scene garden show today in fullerton

Posted by kittymoonbeam (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 10:57

If you haven't gone to this annual show, you might give it a look. It's at Associated Rd. X Yorba Linda Bl. at the Fullerton Arboretum behind CSUF. Admission is cheap and parking's free and right next to the event ( no tram- YAY! )

The wagons roll in and out loaded up with plants from specialty vendors and clubs. Prices for a wide range of heirloom veggie and herb starts are only 2.50 from the Organic club. A specialty miniature fairy garden nursery is there. I love her little miniature cottage garden displays. A rare fruit and spice tree dealer is there and also the rare fruit growers club. Tuition Growers is there with hard to find flowers. The rare geranium booth is back as well as the geranium club. The iris club is there. Rare Australian plants at another space. And too many other great vendor to list them.

This is not a show full of expensive garden art and large pergolas. The focus is on plants. Kids run on the grass and look at turtles and fish in the ponds. The Victorian House is open and you can tour it for free with historically costumed ladies and gentlemen. The gardens are blooming, the sun is shining. Everybody is talking plants!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: green scene garden show today in fullerton

• Posted by jenn SoCal 9/19 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 21:05

We went today! It's one of my favorite plant sales. Today we bought:
* 6-pack of heirloom Better Belle peppers
* 4 tomatoes
* Iris (Mary Frances, and Carol's Yellow)
* Geranium sanguineum 'Elke' [from Robin Parer, owner of Geraniaceae nursery]
* Geranium sanguineum 'Album' [ditto]
* Daylily 'Bali Watercolor'
* Marjoram
* Lemon Basil
* Yellow zucchini
* and 1 large bag of Kettle Corn! :-D

o

That sounds like fun. Thanks for the info!
Renee

o

• Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 10:29

Kicking myself for learning on Sunday that the people from the Australian Plant Nursery in Ventura were going to be at the Green Scene ...but only on Saturday....arrgh!...and would have brought ordered plants to be picked up there....Rats! I want a backhousia citriodora / Lemon Myrtle...if anyone spots any available in Orange or San Diego Counties, please let me know....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here