Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
creme brule heucheras turning green

Posted by bettyn_gardener 9 Sunset 14 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 12:59

I have potted them on my front deck - bright reflective light, but no direct sun. They seem to last longer in pots than in the ground - but after a few weeks after transplanting in the pot they start turning green. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: creme brule heucheras turning green

They are probably not getting enough light. Plants with variegated leaves or non-green leaves may revert to green when they need more light. Try moving your pot and see if that helps. Creme brules can take more light than some other heucheras.

o

This is a normal thing, just be happy they are alive. Green means they can take in more light. Mine is green too right now, but later on the season, will be more yellow brown.

o

Thanks so much for the prompt feedback!

o

Mine was green, but is now turning brown. I think it is part of natural process. Is your turning yet?

Here is a link that might be useful: my creme brule second year

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here