Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runaround_gw

Landscaping Tree

runaround
14 years ago

I have lost several large trees in recent years because they were either trees that were not suitable as landscaping trees or trees that were planted too close to the yard walls or house and they were causing damage.

I'm now in the process of researching trees to replace the lost trees. I wish to place 2 new trees - 1 in a large area (approx 234 sq.ft.) on the west side of my yard near the pool. It would be a focal point of the yard. And the other in a smaller area (approx 120 sq.ft.)on the east side of my yard nearer the house and yard wall. The yard is south facing and receives sun all day long - and is especially hot & dry in the summer months.

I would like the trees to mirror each other - to tie the yard together much as one would in decorating the interior of a home. Ideally, they would be the same tree (species) only 1 would mature into a large tree and the other at maturity would be only half the size of the larger tree due to the size difference in the areas they will be planted. I'm not especially concerned about debris in and around the pool there was a deciduous Coral tree in that area previously. I would be concerned about the root system compromising the pool shell.

Is there such a tree that comes in two different sizes?

I would like to steer clear on the most common trees - Crape Myrtle, Bottle Brush, etc.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

Are my expectations too high?

Comments (2)