Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stanhopea

Tree peonies and other pics

stanhopea
13 years ago

Hi all,

I've been lurking and learning a lot on these forums for quite a few years now. Since my tree peony just bloomed, I though I would post some pics of it and some other plants. I grow six tree peonies total: two unnamed Japanese and four Chinese varieties. The only ones to bloom with any regularity are one red Japanese peony and a Chinese one called 'Xiang Yu'. The red one did not bloom this year, but 'Xiang Yu' had four flowers this year. Unfortunately, I was out of town and missed the first three. The peonies have been in the ground for at least four years and grow a maximum of four inches a year. The leaves show a lot of damage from salt towards the end of summer similar to saucer magnolias. I have not needed to defoliate the plants. They go dormant on their own even with our lack of chilling.

'Xiang Yu' the first year it was planted:

{{gwi:528530}}

This year:

{{gwi:528532}}

{{gwi:528534}}

Some pics of my 'Hon Beni' wisteria:

{{gwi:528536}}

{{gwi:528538}}

{{gwi:528541}}

{{gwi:528544}}

Bignonia capreolata and blue hibiscus. The shrubs with big leaves are Magnolia 'Star Wars'

{{gwi:528547}}

Some pics of the front yard beds

{{gwi:528549}}

{{gwi:528552}}

A bed of tulips that have been in the ground for two to three years and have not needed any replanting. You can see two of the non-blooming tree peonies in this pic.

{{gwi:528554}}

Comments (5)